Notices

7/13/08 - Day one

Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shoreareapc123 View Post
hey T2. just made my very first post on here 10 minutes ago. today is my day 1. depressed over so many different things.. down and out.. but just reading the last 3 pages already shows me things can get better. keep up the good work and i will try to follow in your foot steps.
Welcome aboard. Come check out the "Class of July 2008 thread. Theres a bunch of us who all got clean/sober this month. Anyway, 12 days for me now and 16 meetings so far.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Mike,

The thread never runs out, there is always a part 2 up to ??????? LOL
Congratulations. I knew if you made the decision, there would be no stopping you.
I remember your 2 year celebration!

hugs,
live
Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 13. Well? You with me!?!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

T2 and Dancinggirl - way to go for both of you!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes, its day 13.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

T2 - congrats on 13 days, thats so awesome.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 13 has come and gone. 18 meetings so far.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

14 days now! Right?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
14 days now! Right?
It was. Its 15 days now. And 19 meetings. Im going to count the meetings for 90 days. I cant keep my eyes open anymore. Goodnight.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

awwww, T2, I hope you got some good sleep. Just wanted to pop in here and say WAY TO GO!!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-29-2008, 12:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
awwww, T2, I hope you got some good sleep. Just wanted to pop in here and say WAY TO GO!!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Thanks Amy.
Its now day 17. And 22 meetings. I hit three today. I feels so much different than 17 days ago.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey Mikey! Just wanted to say congrats and love reading about your progress. I knew you would be very helpful to watch because you have done this before and know what it takes. Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Mikey -- My date is ALSO 7/13, wow what a long day it was. I can remember hung over from binging on oxys.... Outside drinking water and researching on how to help myself and then i came across this website.... and from there I was hooked on my new addiction, how to find out what my addiction is and how to fix it.

Well needless to say, i'm feeling great! I have spent ALOT of hours on SR and finding out about my DISEASE and how to stay NORMAL, I joined a gym and have gone to alot of family EVENTS. Alot of meetings and i have a small group of friends and family in the program, so i have someone to lean on for advise. I am truly greatful for not hitting rock bottom - it has been 4 years of OXYs on and off but never off completely. I was just sick of being sick and tired, and not getting moving foward with my life....

Mikey - I love the video of you RIPPING it up ! Keep up the good work, we have something incommon..

sullyp
Old 07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sullyp View Post
Hey Mikey -- My date is ALSO 7/13, wow what a long day it was. I can remember hung over from binging on oxys.... Outside drinking water and researching on how to help myself and then i came across this website.... and from there I was hooked on my new addiction, how to find out what my addiction is and how to fix it.

Well needless to say, i'm feeling great! I have spent ALOT of hours on SR and finding out about my DISEASE and how to stay NORMAL, I joined a gym and have gone to alot of family EVENTS. Alot of meetings and i have a small group of friends and family in the program, so i have someone to lean on for advise. I am truly greatful for not hitting rock bottom - it has been 4 years of OXYs on and off but never off completely. I was just sick of being sick and tired, and not getting moving foward with my life....

Mikey - I love the video of you RIPPING it up ! Keep up the good work, we have something incommon..

sullyp
Thanks. Welcome aboard. This is an awesome place. SoberRecovery has saved my butt many times. Especially late at night when its kind of awkward to call people. 19 days now. Im going thru a few of my threads I posted 19 days ago on day 1. I dont wanna forget how hopeless I felt that day. I have a long way to go. Recovery is a life long journey, but a good one. Anyway, day 19 and 24 meetings so far.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

okay, Mike, 20 days now!!!

Sorry I don't check this thread more often, but I DO send you a hug and a prayer every day

You're doing great, and I'm really proud of you. I had almost a year off crack, 5-6 months at a time, but was simply not using. Needless to say, THAT didn't work!

I had lurked at SR for a long time. After my relapse, I lurked again and finally got the courage to log on....best move I could have ever made!

Keep it up!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

mike'y
I dont wanna forget how hopeless I felt that day
yep, we got'a keep that built in forgetter, from forget'n!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
okay, Mike, 20 days now!!!

Sorry I don't check this thread more often, but I DO send you a hug and a prayer every day

You're doing great, and I'm really proud of you. I had almost a year off crack, 5-6 months at a time, but was simply not using. Needless to say, THAT didn't work!

I had lurked at SR for a long time. After my relapse, I lurked again and finally got the courage to log on....best move I could have ever made!

Keep it up!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Thanks Amy. When I see your posts it makes me think of Georgia. I miss it sometimes, but the Pacific Northwest has beccome my home. Never lived in Atlanta just did a lot of painting there, but lived in Norcross, Douglasville, Kennesaw, Dallas, and Temple. Yeah, I used to move around a lot.
Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
mike'yyep, we got'a keep that built in forgetter, from forget'n!
Yup
Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

A couple minutes from day 21 and 26 meetings so far. Oh, I guess it is day 21.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

YEAHHHH...Day 21!!

Mike - I work in Smyrna...not too far from Kennesaw. I have another friend here that lives in Seattle...I keep telling her she can move out here, but she says "I'll be where the Pacific Ocean is, thank you" I'm hoping I can go visit her sometime, but I don't know that I'd like all that RAIN!

Keep on keeping on..you're doing great!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 21 for us. I'm having a hard time, though. I've tried AA and got so frustrated that I left half-way through a few days ago. When are they going to get to the DRINKING part?!! All they friggin' talk about is god! The whole time! How grateful for god, how god has helped them in life, how god helps tie their shoe-laces. I'm getting sick of it! There isn't as much god in church as there is in these meetings!

Beyond frustrated. Also, still no sponsor. Floundering.