Notices

sober today, sober tomorrow

Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober today, sober tomorrow

Today, I woke up feeling ok with a good out look for tomorrow. I had breakfeast and went outside to pick up the newes paper. For lunch, I had a bologna sandwich. After lunch, I turned on the t.v. and a beer commer. came on and I turned the set off. I know staying sober will be a tough battle. Right now, I want a beer, but I am fighting hard.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep fighting Hector!

Take a walk or listen to some good music, call someone, do whatever you can to stay in the moment.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Do something that doesn't allow buying or drinking beer: stay here and post, take a walk, walk the dog, do something different. Whatever it takes to not have that first drink. You can do this, I have faith in humankind!

:ghug
Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Keep posting Hector! "This too shall pass"---those crazy thoughts! You made the right decision by coming here.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Hector!

Ditto to the above posts. For me, I have to take control of my mind to shut down the "drinking thoughts". In other words, I have to concentrate on something else, ANYthing else, and distract that part of my mind that wants to lure me into the pit. Come on over to the "take a Vow" thread started by Tommyk. There's a lot of immediate support there. We're all with you!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hector,
You know what? I am so glad they don't advertise for pain pills, my drug of choice, on the tv. I would hate to turn it on and see someone enjoying a nice sniff of Oxy or something!!! My sympathies are with you alkies (I use the term with love) on this. Us addicts have at least one advantage there!! Although, that one show, Intervention, and some of the HBO specials, show graffic drug use. I stayed away from watching that the first couple weeks, made me want to use. At least they didn't seem to glamorize it the way beer commercials do. You guys have it rough on that. But hang in there, it'll get easier Hector. It seems the world is full of drinking when you can't have one, doesn't it? I don't drink for now in recov. because I've heard it is easy to cross-addict, and sometimes this makes me notice how many people are drinking, and how much. Too much.
KJ