Notices

new here

Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here

hey new here a little about myself, well i am 20 and have been sober since march 1st 2008 was mainly using coke and liquor to extensive amounts, i have been diagnosed with a anxiety disorder i constantly worry about something constantly think i am dying i get tested for one thing and when resuts come back negative i move onto something new its just consective cycle i cant get out off but i have been stuck on that i think i have skitzofrenia i dont hallucinate but i get points where nothing feels real i am on a depot injection of chlopixal to keep the anxiety down and risperdal to keep me level i just worry because thesee drugs are used mainly for skitzo, i just cant get the thought of my mind that i have it, doctors do have to tell you right? is the parts of not feeling real just come with recovery i am sure some of you can relate to me i guess i just dont know what i feel
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Smile

Welcome! Glad you are here! I'm not too familiar with the medication you are currently taking, but I am sure others here can help answer your question. Just wanted to say "Hi" and "Welcome to SR"! :ghug2

By the way--there is also a forum for mental health/anxiety here--you may want to check out that forum as well.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Natej,
there is great support and advice for you here, best wishes to you.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been trying to stop drinking for several months now. I also feel "not real" sometimes. Maybe it's just because I wasn't used to living sober. I will take the "not real" feeling tho over the drunk/hungover/sick feelings I was so used to.

As to your feelings of unease over possible mental illnesses, it's best to ask your doctor. Talk to him/her about your fears.

There is also the very 'real' Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, which can range from mild anxiety to loss of concentration to insommnia. Best to ask your doctor about this.

Keep coming back here for lots of support and experience.

:ghug3
Old 07-13-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you're getting treatment for your anxiety.

Have you been honest with your dr about your fears regarding schizophrenia? I hope you continue to seek help.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the support you guys seem very open other then that i have been open to my physchrist he just saids u dont have it in firm voice but it feels like i do have it thought i probaly dont know what it does feel like maybe i am just so anxious its driving the point into my head i do have it who knows
Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Nate,
welcome to SR. yep, we're all pretty much an open book around here that's what helps us to gain knowledge and support from the others. You haven't been clean that long - my guess is your body is still healing, and getting used to the lack of drugs/liquor. So don't give up by any means, you've done great to have the time in that you do.
My DOC was pills but coke was my occasional friend as well. I've been clean since the end of May, and I'm still learning to "feel" things and try to figure out what normal is.

glad you're seeking help, and hope to see you stay around SR as well. best of luck!!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.