Notices

New here-Hello!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here-Hello!

Well, shoot. Seems I posted my Hello New Here post in the wrong spot! So I'll C&P here:

Good morning all and thanks for a neat looking forum!

My name is K, I am 37 years old, married 5 years to the love of my life who happens to be a severe and angry alcoholic.

I am also the child of a violent binge-drinking father and a depressed and bipolar mother. Seems I got a raw-deal out of the starting gate!

About me: Other than suffering with bouts of depression, I'm a ridiculously happy, positive woman. I'm hilarious, just ask me, I'll tell you how funny I am. I work outside the home and I also have my own business.

We have no children. My husband's drinking is beginning to affect our daily lives and our social interactions. Well, that's not true, I'm just starting to NOTICE the effects. By the way, I always get EFFECT and AFFECT backward. Just an after thought there.

I drink as well. I began using drugs and drinking when I was 14. I kicked the dope when I was in my early 20's but the drink still has its place in my heart, mind and body.

I am here for information, support, guidance and good Lawdy some kind of CHANGE before OUR addictions swallow us alive.

Thank you,
K
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi K,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

There is lots of support here.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome....

I think the other thread in
Friends and Family that you started
was a good place to begin.

Many SR members use several Forums
to address specific problems.

Glad you are here with us.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi K - I'm glad you came to us with your troubles. My heart goes out to you. I was in the same exact situation at your age. We did not have a happy ending, because I didn't have the sense to understand what I was dealing with. We were so in love and perfect for each other in so many ways, but our drinking took us down. My husband had been drinking since 15 - I knew that, but excused it due to his horrible childhood. I didn't know then that being an enabler was the worst thing I could do. Like you, I drank too, and we had so much fun in the good years. He passed away 2 yrs. ago. The unthinkable happened, we got divorced - and I still love him to this day. (I shouldn't say that, being remarried, but here at SR we have the luxury of saying what we need to say...what a blessing.) Our partying turned us into insane people who couldn't hold our lives together - he lost a great job, we lost our house, I went back to my mom's with our 4 yr. old son. It was a tragedy that never needed to happen. You are wise to be concerned and to take action before things spin out of control. I hope you'll find the help & comfort you're seeking here at SR, and that your husband will come to see that things need to change. Love, Joanie
Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi K,

Welcome to the forum - I'm glad you are seeking help.