Notices

For those CHRONICALLY less than 2 weeks sober

Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Ok day one again....need to breakout of this thread!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm scared...I'm on day two and might not make three. I called my dad to see if he'd watch the kids so I could try a meeting (anything to fill my time without drinking) and he's "busy" all week.

There are two bottles at home....
Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
I'm scared...I'm on day two and might not make three. I called my dad to see if he'd watch the kids so I could try a meeting (anything to fill my time without drinking) and he's "busy" all week.

There are two bottles at home....
Thats not good...you need to pour out both bottles as soon as you walk in the door! As you are already thinking about drinking!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

dancinggirl..you can do it..whatever you do, just don't pick up today. You can drink tomorrow if you want, but not for today. I'm on Day 3 and wondering myself if I can get through this day. Let's help each other out. I won't drink if you won't.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Also checking in on Day 4, I know my girls felly and ROFL are right here on Day 4 with me!!!

I'm starting to notice something, If I have a full stomach I don't want to drink. So the good news is right now I'm stuffed from lunch and don't want to drink. The bad news is I need to come up with a new game plan, because if I continue like this I'll look like a Jabba the Hut!

I hope everyone is doing well, don't give up - we can all do this!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Bombity bom - Managed 4 sober days out of 13 so far this month

Not good - not drinking tonight!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Had a horrendous day at work today, and I actually was not in the least upset and actually laughed about it! Guess it's all in how you look at things! I have actually lost count of how many days I have, which is a great thing for me, because it means I am focusing on just today. I NEED to do that to stay sober. The ride keeps getting better and better. I'm headed for a speeding ticket again. I'm still gonna look at the cop and day "Thank you sir, may I have another"! LOL

:ghug
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flgirl View Post
Hi guys,

Had a horrendous day at work today, and I actually was not in the least upset and actually laughed about it! Guess it's all in how you look at things! I have actually lost count of how many days I have, which is a great thing for me, because it means I am focusing on just today. I NEED to do that to stay sober. The ride keeps getting better and better. I'm headed for a speeding ticket again. I'm still gonna look at the cop and day "Thank you sir, may I have another"! LOL

:ghug
flgirl,
I LOVE your way of thinking!! Today I am going to not count how many days I have (which just frustrates me anyway) and start just thinking about not drinking today.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks Buttercup,

I just know that I only have to worry about today. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. I am beginning to understand that.

:ghug3
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Back on day 1. Determined to make it this time. I'm broke anyway so I couldn't drink if I wanted to.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I LOVE your way of thinking!! Today I am going to not count how many days I have (which just frustrates me anyway) and start just thinking about not drinking today
thanks for that

day one again for me. i've a lot of experience with day ones. i want to use even, but i'm tucked away safely at home and just don't see me going out 30 minutes away to use.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
getting there

Day 7 here. Halfway out of this thread (for now, anyway). Feeling pretty good today. Excited to watch Intervention in a SOBER state for a change.

Dancinggirl, I hope you poured out the bottles... you can do this!

Good job everyone.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Finally got to 27 hours of sobriety... so I am officially onto Day 2.

I can't wait to break out of this thread... I am going to update at the end of every night until I do. And I swear when I get to Day 15, I will be dropping to my knees in excitement and the utmost sincere gratitude. I have never been sober a full 14 days. 13 1/2 was my highest yet since I began my drinking career.

Anyone else with me in updating this thread every night before bedtime on the consecutive days that you have stayed sober??!!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
No AA

just checkin in-day 2
sobear glad to see you again
rofl - u rock sister
everyone else---lets graduate to a new thread this time -- heard the next thread is boring--let's all go and we can rock it out too!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ok all? Looks like ColaGirl is going to win the prize at day 7. But there's a second place and third place and 4th place, and so on. I'm starting day 5. Best I've done in a while!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

woke up feeling like dirt, but it's the start of day two!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

(((least))) - it'll get better from here!

checking in on day 5! I hope I'm not being a downer, but I'm starting to feel nervous already. when I feel good like I do now, it's when I start planning to have a drink. I'm not planning yet, but I just want to put it out there - and I already made a promise to post before I do anything stupid!
I hope everyone has a great and sober day!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I poured the two bottles out as soon as I got home. Watched three episodes of Intervention.....got sad that no-one in my family would do that for me....or even asked how things were going when I told them I had a problem. I have to do this for me.

On Day Three now!!! Having a hard time sleeping, woke up feeling hung-over which is annoying, but I know within another week or so that'll stop.

Thank you all for your support! I'm going all the way now....
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
getting there

I think the prize was for the first to actually break out of the thread, right? I'm not there yet!! Keep trying everyone!

Dancinggirl - awesome job on pouring out the bottles!

Sobergirl - I totally know - 16 days is the farthest I think I've made it since I started drinking. Let's do it!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sober last night - it was fun (kinda')