Notices

N00Bie signing in~

Old 07-06-2008, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking N00Bie signing in~

Hey all,

I've been lurking on this site for quite a while, gathering bits of info and summoning the will to quit drinking. I finally did it, after a rollover car accident (in no way related to being intoxicated). When I came out of the trauma unit, my desire to drink was.... much less, and it is getting easier. (However as I sit here at 4:00am, sipping on Chamomile tea (thanks forum ), still having the no sleep thing... so 10 days and going.. I look forward to chatting with you guys on these seemingly endless nights.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
10 days!! And you made it through the 4th? Excellent! I'm very glad you made it out of the roll-over ok. Funny how something like that can give you a different outlook...even if it wasn't alcohol related.

Keep pluggin' along and keep posting. People here are great for just idle chat...as well as good advice...:-D
Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is a link that might help you

Insomnia? 41 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Good to know you are now starting
a sober healthy life.
Welcome to SR!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome guys I will be sure to read up on the link as well Carol
Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I'm glad you decided to post.

We have a lot of support to offer.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by evanrudenyc View Post
welcome, congrats on 10 days.... thank God you came out fine after what sounds like a major car accident.... sounds like youre thinking about mortality and that your drinking was possibly killing you slowly so the desire to live overcame your desire to drink!!!! Nows the hard part.... staying stopped.... I would suggest getting involved w/ AA to really build a foundation of sobriety, just because you dont have the desire to drink today, doesnt mean you wont have the desire tomorrow...... and thats when youll need the tools to keep you on the straight and narrow!!! Its great that youve "come out" to us here at SR, but I think youll double your chances if you build a bigger network of people in sobriety!!!!!!!

sorry to sound preachy, your story just inspired me, again, welcome, and congratulations on your 10 days......

Also, its normal for your sleep patterns to change after you stop drinking, its a definite symptom of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.... as the liquor leaves our bodies, all kinds of chemicals and hormones go crazy and can wreak havok on our bodies..... but dont sweat it, youll be sleeping fine after some time sober..... good luck!

ps. there are some really special people around here with really great advice and support, so stick around!
It was, I am lucky to be alive. As soon as Im allowed by the forum, I will post pictures of the carnage. It was all caused by a defective weld in one of my brand new rims. I rolled the truck 5 times across 6 lanes of traffic, got ejected, and in the process neither I or the truck touched anything other than the ground. Im in touch with a lawyer, so hopefully all goes well.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome
Old 07-06-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hello, and welcome Cantsleep!!! I also suffered with not being able to sleep early in recovery. I thought I was going to go crazy!!!! I hope you begin resting soon, until then, we are here.

Cathy