Notices

Can you believe this???

Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can you believe this???

I have had addictions to Heroin, Crack and cocaine. Against the odds, I managed to beat all three habits. I took ecstacy, LSD, amphetamines and prescribed drugs for the entire sixteen years of my drug abuse. You guys will laugh at me know....You know the only thing I can't stop doing? Smoking weed....
I was 4 days clean and relapsed. I just smoked the last joint out of that bag and intend to stay away once and for all. I have set up a blog in an effort to help get things out. All that messed up **** that I have accepted as a normal way of thinking for so long.....
I'd really appreciate some support from you guys there. I don't really have anyone that understands me anymore.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sct

Whatever it takes to get you clean- is whatever it takes. I've known other people who managed to get of 'hard' drugs, and it was alcohol or weed that drug their asses into recovery. Just goes to show you... a drug is a drug is a drug.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

hi weed,

welcome to SR! great that your getting clean. you'll find understanding here in the forums, none of us are alone. glad to have you!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So tell me what happens when u dont have the weed? What kind of withdrawls are u dealing with
I am almost 2 weeks clean from opiates and probably longer from weed....but I didnt really feel any effects after I quit smoking....except I dont eat as much as I did when I was high!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi weed, Welcome to SR, glad you found us...yes, I believe it....the mental part of addiction to weed can be real tough....hope you stick around..there are a lot of people here who know what you are going through ....
Old 07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sure, I can believe it.

Many of us will use any substance to 'get out of ourselves'.

Many of us have the 'substance of choice' as being MORE. Doesn't matter what the substance is - we want MORE.

Treat all of the substances just like you'd treat the heroin.

I hope this helped, keep coming back.