SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Happy Canada Day! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/152792-happy-canada-day.html)

HeavyJ 07-01-2008 09:52 AM

Woo Hoo!

I'm going to celebrate with some non-alcoholic Molson tonight (That is if they make non-alcoholic Molson). Then reminisce about the time I got to meet Wayne Gretsky..

gravity 07-01-2008 10:09 AM

Let’s see…

I drive a pickup truck.
I have to be careful not to hit a moose, bear, or deer when I am driving.
I love hockey (my kids play).
I own more than one toque (um..it’s a hat you wear in the winter).
My winter jacket and boots are rated to keep me warm to minus 30 degrees (yes, Celsius).
I love fishing.
I don’t speak with an accent (everyone else does).

Well, time to put on my Team Canada hockey shirt (yes, we always win Gold medals), jump in my truck, crank up my Rush CD, and head downtown to join the celebration!

Happy Canada Day!

grateful2b 07-01-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by gravity (Post 1820817)
Let’s see…

I drive a pickup truck.
I have to be careful not to hit a moose, bear, or deer when I am driving.
I love hockey (my kids play).
I own more than one toque (um..it’s a hat you wear in the winter).
My winter jacket and boots are rated to keep me warm to minus 30 degrees (yes, Celsius).
I love fishing.
I don’t speak with an accent (everyone else does).

Well, time to put on my Team Canada hockey shirt (yes, we always win Gold medals), jump in my truck, crank up my Rush CD, and head downtown to join the celebration!

Happy Canada Day!

the snowbirds went over head about a half an hour ago, ( I live about 10 blocks from parliament) and I swear they were so loud I thought one of them scraped the top of my building....
Happy Bday, Grav...

warrens 07-01-2008 11:01 AM

Oh, Canada!

The land (the Kootenays) that I see from my meadow. Still snowcapped.

Perhaps the "best" nation on earth. I love my America, but I sure would swap some values...

Ah, Peter Gzowski and Barbara Frum and Stuart McClean and Rex Murphy... And of course, STOMPIN' TOM!

Had your poutine today, eh?

We Yanks are not all ignorant...

Best to y'all!

warren

warrens 07-01-2008 11:25 AM

Ah, poutine...

Reminds me of this clip. Pure genius.

A gift to Canada from America. And to Americans from Canada!

YouTube - Congrats to Bush From Jean Poutine, Mercer Owns Bush

warren

Klynn33 07-01-2008 11:29 AM

lol
Happy B'day to us!! fireworks last night (again tonight) heading out to the events this afternoon with my boy. yea!!!

(and I'm from the Island (originally) of Stompin' Tom. huge deal a few years back - they tried to get him for an event (where he was from, up in Tignish) he wouldn't go because they couldn't come up with the amount he was charging for the concert. in his hometown? almost started a riot - lol. So him and Bud the Spud can keep flyin' down the highway - )

Alive 07-01-2008 11:36 AM

Happy birthday Canada:)

grateful2b 07-01-2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Klynn33 (Post 1820905)
lol
Happy B'day to us!! fireworks last night (again tonight) heading out to the events this afternoon with my boy. yea!!!

(and I'm from the Island (originally) of Stompin' Tom. huge deal a few years back - they tried to get him for an event (where he was from, up in Tignish) he wouldn't go because they couldn't come up with the amount he was charging for the concert. in his hometown? almost started a riot - lol. So him and Bud the Spud can keep flyin' down the highway - )

Oh Krista, cool!..I was born in Charlottetown..a potato picker I am..:)

Klynn33 07-01-2008 11:50 AM

no friggin way!!! a fellow Islander? goodness....

I was born in O'Leary - my family from Kensington/Malpeque but I moved to Summerside when I was 19. (Then out here to BC, then home again to Summerside, then back out here to BC) lol

The Island and I weren't made for each other - others love it and would never leave.........and I'm sure I'll eventually make my way back there - but not for awhile.

grateful2b 07-01-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Klynn33 (Post 1820944)
no friggin way!!! a fellow Islander? goodness....

I was born in O'Leary - my family from Kensington/Malpeque but I moved to Summerside when I was 19. (Then out here to BC, then home again to Summerside, then back out here to BC) lol

The Island and I weren't made for each other - others love it and would never leave.........and I'm sure I'll eventually make my way back there - but not for awhile.

yup, I'm a Campbell...:D...airforce brat, so we moved around, sigh...went to NB, Quebec, back to NB..then Ontario...have several generations in Digby..my soul definetely resides in NS....miss it like crazy....

Rowan 07-01-2008 12:02 PM

Small world - I spent summers in NS growing up - both my folks are from there. Still got a mess of relatives out that way.

Klynn33 07-01-2008 12:09 PM

We could start an Atlantic Canada reject club..........:)

the ACRC's.........
(I'm president)

Rowan 07-01-2008 12:11 PM

I'm Treasurer. Send me $10 immediately for start-up fees.

grateful2b 07-01-2008 12:14 PM

I know, eh...I'm loving it...hey Ro, do you remember when Halifax was redoing the waterfront and putting in all kinds of fancy shops and restaurants? Well, around the same time I was living in the harbour tied up to the dock in a ship doctor's boat I rented from a man who sold the boat, Farley Mowat talks about in his book 'The boat that wouldn't Float" ..... yes, that man was a character....The CBC has got me somewhere on film sweeping my deck...:D

grateful2b 07-01-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Klynn33 (Post 1820971)
We could start an Atlantic Canada reject club..........:)

the ACRC's.........
(I'm president)

um in...:D

Rowan 07-01-2008 12:18 PM

Very cool - I know the book - too bad I missed you swabbing the poop deck! :lmao

adore79 07-01-2008 02:03 PM

Happy Canada to my friends north of the border. I am planning to drive a little south of here tonight to a beach i know to watch the fireworks in victoria, we used to that all the time when i was a kid. :bday2

faith08 07-01-2008 03:09 PM

happy birthday canada!!!
have a great, safe time at your celebrations

:bday2

Ann 07-01-2008 03:27 PM

I just spent 4 days in the great white north....norther even than where I live ha ha, up north of Lake Superior....dodged to avoid a moose, got a picture of a bear, gasped in awe at the beauty of a wolf and just felt grateful to be a Canadian in this wonderful country.

Happy Canada Day, Hosers :D

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9...nadadaymt3.gif

And Rowan,

Koo Roo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo
:lmao

Klynn33 07-01-2008 08:40 PM

no way we're ever living down the Hoser thing........ugh. :)

The best is when Rick Mercer hits the States to make fun of us. not sure why it's funny as it's us he's making fun of, but it is.