Notices

life after probation

Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life after probation

Hey ya'll,this is my first post,not sure where to begin. i have alot on my mind.i guess the most pressing thing is to find some direction dealing with a better sober life,same old issues.You know the more things change the more t hey stay the same. bf is on probation[drinking out of control&domestic violence] with 6 months left.he's walking the line beautifully. court ordered rehab is a joke in this county.anger management helped a little,but neither one of us is in any kind of support system.hoping to find help for us both here.he's not into AAw/higher power and i'd like some suggestions before i talk to him about my fears of life after prob.
I'm all ears.
anjole
Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I can relate to what you are experiencing....if you want to, you can send me a PM sometime and we can talk more about it. (Don't want to air my "dirty laundry" here--but I have been in a similar situation>and he is still on probation too.)
Old 06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you,i'm too new yet for im's this is only 3rd post but i will be sending a reply soon.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anjole View Post
[CENTER neither one of us is in any kind of support system.
Why not?
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well,i guess all i can say is it's been a long hard road.our life blew up &we are starting over from scratch. but now i see that i [hopefully bf too]need to explore other ways to deal.i can't get past the first &second steps of aa.i'm not knocking it ,it's helped countless people.but believing in god gets to be our own choice.as well as choosing to not drink and controlling it and not the other way around.please under stand i'm out of crises mode for almost 2 years,.but before that there's no way bf could say he chose to drink it was just a big part of his day.but knowing what is important in your life&prob.helps.[so he says,]i wouldn't be here if i totally believed him.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

"Drinking out of control and domestic violence"?? Are you safe? I used to have a bf who also drank out of control and had bouts of domestic violence. He used to tell me he was only violent if he'd been drinking. But the drinking wasn't the cause of his violence, it was his excuse to do it.

Please keep yourself safe.