Notices

New here & New to recovery

Old 06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here & New to recovery

Just wanted to say hi and say that today I am 6 days clean....Not a lot of time but for me 6 days is good.
Ive been an opiate addict for almost 7 yrs and last weekend while i was here at work i discovered this site and read pretty much all nite and really wanted to join and get on here and start talking to everyone.
Hoping that i might come across some people that are going through the same thing i am. Seems like there is alot of people like me....Not that i thought i was the only one....lol
This site seems very informative and i look forward to getting to know and chat with people on here
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats--6 days is great! Welcome to SR! Glad you are here! :ghug2
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi flats welocme.
There are lots of people here who can relate.
Hope to see more of you.
Great job on 6 days.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

glad your here! i'll be glad to see you around and help support you on the road to recovery!:bounce
Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
I wasn't on them nearly as long as you...I had a relapse binge...but I've been good for 6 days too! Welcome to the forum!! I think you'll like it here.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Welcome and Congrats on your clean days!!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

WOW that was quick....Thanks so much for the encouragement....The last 6 days have probably been some of the hardest i had in my life and when I came across this site last sunday I was 1 day clean and feeling really miserable and I was here at work. I was so glad to come acrossed it...it took my mind of being in major withdrawls and gave me hope that I would feel better eventually.
I actually posted on another thread because for some odd reason I could not post a new thread earlier in the week.
I have been taking a quarter of a suboxone everyday since monday. A friend of mine gave me some.....she is also a opiate addict for many years and she gave me them so I could get off the pills to ( i know she wasnt suppose to)
Does anyone know anything about these pills??
They seem to make me feel better they really curb the withdrawl I was having Sunday nite but I am afraid that I am trading one addiction for another....I dont want to depend on these little pills....I just want to try to be normal again...if that is possible!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Flatts4Ever View Post
WOW that was quick....Thanks so much for the encouragement....The last 6 days have probably been some of the hardest i had in my life and when I came across this site last sunday I was 1 day clean and feeling really miserable and I was here at work. I was so glad to come acrossed it...it took my mind of being in major withdrawls and gave me hope that I would feel better eventually.
I actually posted on another thread because for some odd reason I could not post a new thread earlier in the week.
I have been taking a quarter of a suboxone everyday since monday. A friend of mine gave me some.....she is also a opiate addict for many years and she gave me them so I could get off the pills to ( i know she wasnt suppose to)
Does anyone know anything about these pills??
They seem to make me feel better they really curb the withdrawl I was having Sunday nite but I am afraid that I am trading one addiction for another....I dont want to depend on these little pills....I just want to try to be normal again...if that is possible!!!

I don't know anything about the pills, but I can tell you my first 'sober' day off meth was when I found this site. It was hell getting off it, I didn't know if I could do it. That was over 2 years and 7 months ago. You can do it.
Keep up the good fight.... 2
Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Flatts, and welcome.
I'm a little over 2 weeks out of coming off the pills as well. I did them daily for 2.5 years and off and on before that. I've not go much time in, just because of little slip ups, which makes me start over in terms of days. But when I initially quit - I did it cold turkey, without any help - and I would NOT recommend trying it that way. my opinion anyways. people said the first 4 days were the worst - it was a good month before I could even get a night's sleep. My point is that no, you shouldn't be taking someone else's meds, but that if you find they are helping, maybe you should talk to your doctor. I suggest you get help with it one way or the other, just because it is very dangerous to suffer withdrawals without medical advice/attention. I don't know much about suboxone, but lots of people do around here and I'm sure they'll fill you in about their experiences.
congrats on the 6 days - keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Normal will happen. Give it time...possibly a lot of time. I don't know anything about the suboxone...but others have used it and say it's helped.

Do you have anymore "bad" pills? I was told to flush them...couldn't...but hubby hid them and I would like to know where in a part of my mind. You may want to try, too. Have you thought about attending an NA meeting in your area? I've been to one so far. Not sure if it's for me, but others swear by it. I'm giving it an honest try anyway.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank u...I am really going to try my hardest....I had a real TEST this last Thursday...My connection called me and wanted to give me a deal on sum pills he had he just wanted to get rid of them and I flat turned him down and I told him why...he told me he understood and that he wouldnt call me anymore and I erased his number from my cell phone so I wouldnt have it and be tempted.
The last couple days I have had some really bad cravings and been thinking about pills ALOT even dreaming about them....Is that normal???
Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh Flatts....

I posted a couple weeks ago about that very thing.........the dreams....
and yes, they're normal. I did a bit of searching, and chatting to others on here, and they are not uncommon at all - seems most people have them to an extent, and they can last quite awhile. I used to get them ALL the time at first, now it's every now and again. For me, it's usually that I'm at my old dealers place snorting some, or I "found" a full bottle in a ditch, they're weird, but real at the same time. When I wake up from them, I know I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms. only for a little while, and I'm starting to think it's my head reminding me of what I went through and how important it is to keep this stuff this time.
sooo proud that you were strong enough to tell your dealer you weren't interested. that's HUGE. I don't know if I could have done that - (I just moved away instead........) so good for you. you really seem to have a plan and be serious about making this work. I wish you all the best.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

OMG! If that's not passing the test with flying colors than nothing is!! That is SO freakin' awesome!!!

As for the wanting/dreaming/craving them...you betchya! Expect that to die pretty slowly.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have been to 2 NA meetings but that was before I was clean and I am going to try to go to one on Monday provided my car will get me there it has been acting up not wanting to start so as long as I can get there I am gonna try to go....when i went to the NA meetings not clean geesh i felt horrible cuz i wasnt clean and i so wanted to be so now when i go i can say ive been clean for a week!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Very excellent!! You'll feel great going in being able to say that!! I am SO inspired by you...:-D. Makes me want to be sure I go to the one Sun. evening.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

good for Flatts and wkissed......

I haven't had the courage to get to a meeting yet - I thought I was ready to go and then the feeling passed......ugh. i'm doing ok right now but I think eventually I'm going to need that support, and hope I get the strength you guys have to get myself there..........
eventually
Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Klynn!! Don't hope you get the strength! Just grab it!! I was terrified when I went. I thought I was gonna puke! I went...HUGE step...and will go to another. The hardest part is over...walking in the door the first time - by myself. Well...not quite. I did have RobbyRobot with me in a way. He was my first strength here.

I went...so now it's your turn!!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Aye! The day I quit pills was the day someone had to put me on a plane and send me back to a place that I didn't want to go. I literally detoxed over the ocean while watching my "dream" fade away.

I was depressed for a good while and the dreams were intense. I kept a journal and researched symbolic meanings (I think that the sub- or un-conscious is still trying to speak to us). I also think that it is good to let these things go (writing helps me, but other ppl might need something more physically active).
Old 06-28-2008, 10:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Whisker: Go and then tell me how it went....and i will go and tell u how it went....and KLYNN go....those people are just like us and my gosh they are so nice when i went and wasnt clean....I told them that and the ladys in the room were so supportive they all hugged me so tight and gave me phone numbers to call....i didnt use the phone numbers but this time when i go i am going to try to find a sponser.....i dont really have anyone close to me that i can talk to about this....only a few people know about the addiction....i am not sure how i managed to hide it for so long but i did and now i just want to be clean and live a normal life for me and my daughter.....i am so tired of never having any money because i was constatly buying pills....i would borrow $20 and $15 of it would go for pills to get me thru the next few days....ughhhhhh i was so sick of being sick!!!!
All of u have gave me so much inspiration in the last 30 mins ur words mean so much...its so nice to know other people like me are out there!!!! Thank u so much
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

HERE is how my first one went...I only went last Wed...my third day of w/d...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1815191

You had an awesome experience Flatts. Mine was not that happy. I felt better for going...but I felt like I didn't belong there. I will still give it a couple more meetings and see how it goes. Klynn!! You gotta try it too. Tell me and Flatts how yours went.