Notices

Is it okay to date in sobriety?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Angel let things happen in your HP's time, not yours. Do not worry, it will happen when it happens and not one minute sooner! We all have needs and we have wants, our HP fulfills our needs as we need them, when the time comes, it will come.

You sound like you are doing well, keep your sponsor and other ladies in the loop........ not being a lady I am probably not the best to be speaking to...... I can how ever attest that men can be pigs both in & out of the rooms, but there are some good ones out there as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

The ORIGINAL suggestion is "no MAJOR CHANGES the first year."

Now this includes, job (unless it is jeopardizing your sobriety) living accomodations (unless it is jeopardizing your sobriety) if you are in a relationship don't end it quite yet, if you are not in one, don't get in one, etc.
From my own experience, I would go with the one year suggestion.

I became involved with someone in AA early in my sobriety. He drank...I was angry and used his drinking as an excuse to drink. I got right back into detox/program. That was 28 years ago...thank goodness I'm still sober; but, I don't know if he is (I have my doubts)...he could be dead, for all I know.

I also went to court to end a 25-year marriage on my 90th day in AA...my sponsor went with me for moral support. The divorce probably would have happened eventually; but, I wish I had waited until I was more emotionally equipped to handle it.

Three more months of sobriety may not sound like much when you already have nine...but, you have the rest of your life...Easy Does It!