Whiners Anonymous part 9

Old 06-27-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi everyone! no whine - just ... hi!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey Barb!!

My whine...after getting the network for dad's computer fixed, now MY laptop has forgotten it has a wireless adapter...did some research and found out it's a very common problem for HP notebooks.

Solutions? motherboard (at least $600) or new laptop. Obviously don't have several hundred dollars sitting around.

May not be around here much for a while....waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

oh no!!!!!!!! I have an hp.....how old was yours when it crashed????

Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
cmc

nands....I love your new avi! (sorry to be off topic)
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

having a plan to get out of debt, and knowing that everything will be back to good in a month's time..........but having to wait out the month to get there!!!!! grrrr.........
hurry up already!!!

but man, it's going to be sweet to get a paycheque and actually keep it for longer than 30 minutes....
Old 06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

my whine is teenage daughters who make a deal to mow the yard (instead of paying a portion of her half of the cell bill) and have only mowed twice in the last two months. Then when pressed she says she shouldn't have to keep her end of the deal cause I haven't paid the cell bill!!!!! so I said if you only have to keep your end of the deal if the cell is shut off for non payment then I'll call them and have YOUR phone shut off. And won't have it turned back on til you pay me your portion for the last three months!

Her logic makes me furious. She so desperately wanted it her way, cause we have an old fashioned reel mower, not gas, and she wants us to be "green". Non polluting. And she knows I'm not physically able to push that mower, or any mower, for very long. But her BS is polluting my life...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

ananda - it's 13 months old..warranty ran out last month.

It's with the hp laptops...mostly the 6000 series but also some other ones. I found a website that had 100's of people having the same problem...wish I'd checked it out BEFORE I got the computer. Most people are having the same problem within 8-9 months of getting the computer...warranty still in effect.

Good luck!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

((Least))

tell your teen-ager that if she would like things to be her way, then by all means head out to her own place. Wish her the best and offer her a suitcase
Old 06-28-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

No whines for me today.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

kinda reminded me of when my daughter was 12....I wouldn't let her go to a teen dance one night, so she pitched a fit and said she was calling child and family services. I said
"go ahead, just remember they'll take you away, not me. And I'm going to order pizza and watch my movie. you're suitcase is in the closet - use the big one"
lol. needless to say she ended up watching the movie with me......
she's now 16 and I've never heard that again.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

a brand new whine: I just saw a male rubythroat at my hummingbird feeder outside the kitchen window. Problem is, I hadn't cleaned it and refilled it yet this year so he flew off after tasting that mess. I just ran out and cleaned and refilled it so i hope he comes back for a second try. Please come back. I often get females but rarely see males so am delighted that he came and praying he comes back.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

least, how wonderful you're noticing something like that. I can tell you're feeling so much better!

There haven't been many whines this afternoon, slackers, so I'll add my lame one. Bought a GE Microwave last year. Went for the expensive name brand rather than a no-name. Today it died while I was heating up coffee - smoke & a horrible smell everywhere. Looked inside the door for warranty info. It said: Limited One Year Carry-In Warranty. Looked up date of purchase: 6/25/07. If it had died 3 days ago it would've been covered. (Hoping to have more interesting whines in the near future.)
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Ok....so I have a funny whine...I left a 12 pack of diet Pepsi in the trunk of my car. Now remember, I live in southwest Florida and it was like 93 today. I was tired and cranky and took a long nap because I did not sleep well last night. I decided that I would like a diet Pepsi. So I go out and get the 12 pack out of the car. I go to pop the tab on the can and it explodes like a shot gun! The noise was deafening. I just got done mopping up all the Pepsi and and am now nursing a big, fat bruise on the tip of my middle finger! Who knew diet Pepsi could be dangerous...LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hevyn -
change the 5 to an 8

oops, there's my scheming side coming out again...........
Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
getting there

It's hoooooooot here and I don't have AC so I'm probably not going to get a good night's sleep.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Here Colagirl.........something to help you sleep.....

bahahahhaha
Old 06-28-2008, 10:37 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey, that would work! I'll keep that in mind for later.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

FG, love the Pepsi Bomb gag!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I brought home a BLT sandwich from work. Trying to eat it, and Elvis (the cat) finds a slice of tomato that has fallen into the box I had it in, and is licking off the mayo....told him I didn't want "licked off tomato", so he got mad and nipped at me. I popped him enough to say "no" and he ran off, giving me a piece of his mind. I've never had a cat that loves mayo!

Got a USB wireless thing, so can get back on the internet, and now the cordless mouse has died! Directions say "plug in the cable"....um, it's CORDLESS...there is no darn cable!

I don't do well with the touchpad thingie...guess it's back to the store again.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
KK, is that empty space for RK's Space for Rent!
i asked RK about his space for rent and he replied:

Tell Rusty it's on special offer for 1 week only. The space can be his for 10 gold doubloons. I've swash-buckled all my prices this week due to a bout of SR piracy fever. Arrrrgggg me arties.