Notices

Update on me

Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on me

Hi everyone,

Well for those that knew about my Dr. appt. the beginning of the week. I never got tested for diabetes. They asked me if it ran in my family and i told them about my dad finding out last year that he's borderline. I don't know why they didn't test me (which is all right with me), unless their waiting to see if my foot heals. I'm on more antibiotics and go back again in 2 weeks. Plus I soak my foot in Epsom salts every night and bandage it with some antibiotic cream. Oh, and I got good news. I gained 2 lbs after all that weight i loss getting sober. So that's a plus.

So that's that. I've been in a weird frame of mind again. I don't know how to describe it. I've had a lot on my mind about my recovery and all the work I've done. I'm just getting tired of it I guess. I'm in the kinda of mood where i want to do what i want when i want to. LOL Probably not a good thing being in early recovery.

I just hit 5 months this week. It's amazing i haven't drank all this time. I guess I'm just tired of having to be responsible. Especially for myself. But I'm still doing my daily readings and step work. I'm getting bored with it or something. Thank God for the AA grapevine. At least that's something new to read every month.

I had a drunk dream the other day. I think that's my Higher Power whispering in my ear to remind me of who I am. I don't remember much of it, but in my dream i drank again and I only had 2 drinks and i lost my 5 months of sobriety. I definitely don't want that to happen. I've done too much work and came to far for that to happen.

Well i guess that's all for now. Just wanted to let everyone know where I'm at.

Barb
Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Congrats on 5 months. That is fantastic!!
Hope everything else turns out ok.
And dont get bored. If you do I can do a jig for you.
Keep up the good work.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, I forgot to mention, i do go to my meetings. That's one thing I'm not bored with. I love seeing my new friends and acquaintances. Especially on Saturday night. That's my home group and i love that meeting especially. Those girls there kept me going one foot in front of the other and not to give up.

Barb
Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Barb! You are an inspiration to me, I hope I make 5 months like you! I'm sure that with all the help from my new SR family I will!

heavy
Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Awesome Barb! Congrats on the 5 months-

This too shall pass-worrying so much about if you have diabetes
or not is not going to help you so let go for now-and just heal the
foot! Positive out there sweets! You can do it :ghug3
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

Hey barb, thanks for the update; I was wondering how you were doing. Five months heh? Congrats.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

5 months!!congrads!hope your foot heals ok!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi Barb,

Thanks for the update. Big congratulations on the 5 months. Sounds like you are doing well with AA (congrats for that as well!) and you are living life on life's terms.

I think the "boredom" is, in part, because that horrible drama from drinking that we had in our lives is no longer there. Emotions seem to be leveling off too. I just have to think about where I was last December and that "boredom" is instantly replaced with gratitude.

To be honest, I do have to give myself the occasional kick in the butt to keep enthusiastic about my recovery...we aren't done yet! And there is so much at stake...

I have had a couple of drinking dreams over the past few months. I really like your interpretation, your HP reminding you of who you are. I interpreted mine to mean that I have been taking my sobriety for granted and I had better get to work. Kinda the same thing?

Take good care of yourself,

Don
Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Barb))

Way to go on 5 months!!!! Especially, with all you've been through in those 5 months.

As far as the toe, sometimes it just takes another or stronger antibiotic. They probably didn't test you for diabetes because there's NOT a strong family history and it doesn't sound like you have the other symptoms that are pretty classic...and that's a good thing.

I think part of my boredom was learning to live life without the constant chaos of my using. I'm so glad you're going to meetings and have friends there.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Barb,

It's great to hear you have 5 months sober.

I'm sorry you're feeling bored, but like Impuufect, living a life without chaos was new to me, and I really loved it.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Foot trouble

Well...good luck with the foot situation. Need yer feet so yer legs don't fray.
And as far as the five months...well good on you! Ya did it!
The dreams are really a fun way to explore the addict's mind without reprocussions...ENJOY 'EM! I say. Let yer mind go and know you have the power in REAL life to say..."not today...thank you very much."
Our mind's are powerful...and slaves to our actions. You have some solid good time there to use that power you have given yerself.
Good luck...once again on the foots deal.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

HEY! CAT PEOPLE!!! Guess what I NOW HAVE????
A ferral cat!
Love him to pieces...look forward to feeding him everyday.
Funny how life goes...huh?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

barb, wonderfull news!

see, that dopey newb bus helped! lol

love ya!

rz
Old 06-20-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Awesome scaredy Barb . Thanks for the update. 5 months is great!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all the replies. :ghug

Your right Rusty that newbie bus was a big help to me in the beginning, it still is to remind me to check in here every now and then. LOL

Originally Posted by HeavyJ View Post
Good for you Barb! You are an inspiration to me, I hope I make 5 months like you! I'm sure that with all the help from my new SR family I will!

heavy
Just live one day at a time and the days will add up for ya. And don't pick up that first drink.

Libit- I'm shocked. Good luck with your new kitty. You'll find out what all of us cat people mean when we talk about our babies. You'll find you'll have a new love in your life taking care of him.

Barb