Notices

This might be too much to ask....

Old 06-20-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm still struggling with finances, but I am making progress...not running from it.

Still dealing with legal issues, too, but am also dealing with it and have a lawyer and PO that are backing me up.

I have a job and my managers rely on me. They have no hesitation about letting me run the cash register or running the restaurant.

My family trust me completely. They also tell me, quite often, how much I've changed for the better and how proud they are of me.

I have a lot of new friends...most are here on SR, but I have a couple that I can call at any time.

I have young kids at work who know my past, and they come to me for advice...they even take the advice sometimes!

If hormones aren't kicking my butt, I'm almost always in a good mood...can find a zillion things to be grateful for.

Basically, life is good

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-20-2008, 04:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What a great thread. Thanks for all who have shared, this is so inspirational!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! This is an awesome post I say at 10:30 A.M. Central Standard time we all give JodyJody a little round of applause!!!!

My life is awesom! I left behind feeling like crap every morning, and I have gained a new respect fro getting up early, feeling good, still being funny and fun to be around without the booze, and way more patience with my wife and kids!

Celebrate YOU today JodyJody.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What's better? What a great thread Jody...Well...

Opening the door to the front porch in the morning, feeling the cool mountain breeze and seeing the red geraniums in their pots and realizing that a little tiny dream I had for years and years has finally come true...I always wanted to live in an old stone house in the hills and in my dreams, there were always red geraniums in rusty pots on the big ole porch. Now I am here...it's not an accident, or just because I am sober....but it wouldn't have happened when I was drinking...and I am not going to waste one minute of my life in a lie or being held back from whatever other dreams, large or small, may be on their way to coming true!

Glad you are here Jody! Jomey
Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I suspect I'm in the same place as you Jody, right now. The insights people have shared here are the window onto the fresh new life we both need...
Old 06-20-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks everyone so very much. i will print these things out today and revisit this thread when i am able to answer my own question.

so proud of you guys.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hudstar...if you need to talk and relate you can pm me if you need to. i obviously have no advice but i can listen and understand.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I have my sense of humor back and love to make people laugh.
I wasn't funny when I was drunk- I was stupid.

Everything is brighter ie. flower gardens, complexion, smile, attitude and life.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hmm, What's better?

Well I still have a bit of upheaval in my life but I would have to say.. my body, went from a 34 inch waist to a 32, running a lot and feeling better physically, my relationship with God is better, I'm trying to be... and I think I am... a better person. Finally, I guess what I think is the best thing about being Sober is trying to help others get what I have. I really like that.

John
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Originally Posted by HeavyJ View Post
Hey everyone! This is an awesome post I say at 10:30 A.M. Central Standard time we all give JodyJody a little round of applause!!!!

My life is awesom! I left behind feeling like crap every morning, and I have gained a new respect fro getting up early, feeling good, still being funny and fun to be around without the booze, and way more patience with my wife and kids!

Celebrate YOU today JodyJody.
All hail JodyJody!!!!!!

Careful there HeavyJ. I, as a sleep hobby-ist, find that that getting up early with the birds and squirrels and sunrise stuff is HIGHLY OVERATED!!!! Give me a coma-style sleep deep in my down featherbed and top comforter and look out Bubba. Ah the world of SOBRIETY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Love it Daddio!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Life is much better now. I am definitely feeling better physically and emotionally. I am better able to keep up with my 5 year old son AND his friends. I am no longer isolating myself after dinnertime. I'm more involved in our community and am making a lot of new friends. I feel like I have woken up and am actively taking a part in this life.

Thanks for asking and what a great idea. Just when you think this is a struggle you remember that this is sooooo much better then where you started from.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I left behind certain death for liberty, and the liberty is sweeter than I imagined it would be.

My chains are left rusting on the other side of the river…in the darkness, in the stale hopeless air.

Here on my bank I breath freely, my burden is light~ Thank You, Jesus.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

thank you libertyordeath i read each one of these posts many times a day. your post was very profound.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Jody, great thread.

For me my life is so much better. I don't wake up in the middle of the day. I'm up having that good cup of coffee in the morning now. It's been years since I drank any coffee. We also have orange juice in the frig. That's new too.

Also recently i had a makeover and cut 12" of hair off. I have a new hairdo now and i love it. I'm also wearing makeup now again when I go out. I haven't wore make-up in years.

The biggest thing off all is I'm starting to like myself again. You see I was a housewife drunk. I didn't go anywhere, want to do anything. I cried almost daily. I had hangover's everyday.

Now i don't live that way any more. I just live one day at a time. Life is good now.

Thanks for the thread. It was inspiring for me too.

Barb
Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I can be VERY melodramatic! And you're response has inspired me to share more about how I see my struggle with alcohol.

I clearly see a river, my river, running between two ways of life. I have to stay on this bank in the sunshine of sobriety. Sometimes the river is so calm and shallow I could walk across to the place I know I don't belong. I see the dappled sunshine sparkling on the sand beneath the warm water. The opposite bank appears welcoming, non-threatening, peaceful. Just one step into that river changes everything. Just one step cuts me off from the safety of my bank. And I find it tempting....every single day~

I know if I cross, I will become trapped on death’s bank. Once there, the river transforms before my eyes. It becomes dark and tumultuous. Snarls and snares mar my way back to the safety and sanity of sobriety. How many times must I learn this lesson, Lord? How many more times?

I am enjoying this thread. It reminds me daily why I cannot cross.