Notices

a new day -- day 3

Old 06-19-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a new day -- day 3

After getting frustrated with pictures and strung out, the oreo cookies helped me get to sleep.

this morniing I looked through a box of pictures and did the sorting that i'm doing. I enjoyed looking at my kids and the whole activity. Last night I was a bit frustrated and overwhelmed about the whole thing. I have 2 more boxes to go thro9ugh yet.

where am i emotionally right now? I'm kind've ok. tiredness just came upon me a few minutes after sitting at this computer. I'm a little lonely and feel a little rejection because my girlfriend didn't call me from her vacation yesterday. I left her a message at the end of the night. I'm very sensitive in this getting clean. if I had used last night then I WOULd be glad that she didn't call and hoping that she would not call me this morning. I would be in my own world of survival. Instead I am a little connected with the planet. I am connected with my partner and we will go out and look at a job pretty soon. It's been an easy morning at work and the rest of today might be pretty easy. in other words no work to do.

no work, gives me a lot of free time to think and can be a downfall for me, but it's something that I have to deal with all the time. it sounds nice, and it can be, but it can be challenging and I can get lazy and ambitionless. the good thing is i'm only working 8 hours this week, it's much easier to do nothing for 8 hours than for 10 hours.

looking through the pictures of my 2 boys felt good. I miss the first two houses of my marriage. it felt good to see them in the pictures along with my boys. I got sober in the first house and was sober the entire time in the second house. i was sober for 8 years. there was lot's of struggle, lots of depression, but looking back on them made me feel the happy memories and grattitude for my children and the spiritual gifts they have brought to me and helped me grow.

but my third house (which is now my ex-wife's house), has a lot of bad feelings for me. it is where my addiction to crack began. Our marriage wasn't good, and I fell into depression for 2 years, and was trying real hard to get better, but finally gave in one night and I somehow ended up using.

I gotta go look at job...back later
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this website has been good to me today.

reading others' posts has been very helpful for me

this is part of my recovery right now, and i'm gratefull for this site

I'm feeling ok right now. visiting this site has been very comforting for me this morning. I'm very hungry and need to eat some healthy food and recover from the 15 oreo cookies i ate to sleep last night.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to see your forging ahead Ksplash. Keep it up!!

(Did you split and lick the oreos or just dunk 'em)
Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't even dunk them. i just put them inside and chewed and drank a big gulp of milk and repeated thus-ly.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ksplash5 View Post
I didn't even dunk them. i just put them inside and chewed and drank a big gulp of milk and repeated thus-ly.
It makes it sound like even cookies are a chore splash.

We have a couple of things in common. I began drinking again ater 7 years sober and I am felling without ambition today.

One thing we do not have in common is the oreo's. I may be the only person on earth that does not like them.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile Oreos and Milk...

....sound good to me. Congrats on your 3 days! Grateful Heart
Old 06-19-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you all.

day 3 is looking to be a sucessful day clean.

with the ups and downs of early sobriety.

and now i feel a little peace and am enjuoying my home all by myself with the 2 dogs and 2 cats and the fish and the b irds outside and the sun setting and the still air outside and the fresh smelling air from a short rain and my computer--allowing me to be here now with the spirit of this forum
Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 72 hours (now more than 72 hours?).

Keep doing what you are doing.
Resist the urge.
Know that everyone is here for you.
Keep posting here.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You know, it is posts like these that really help keep me grounded, and it helps to know that we are not alone in our addictions.

Thanks for helping me stay sober today ksplash5!!

Dave
Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your progress....
the best is yet to be...
Old 06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Red face Day 1

This is day 1 for me which is pretty scary. I am determined to succeed but I foresee tough times ahead.

Ceder