Notices

It's me again-the loser

Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You know-it's so humbling to return and be greeted by so much love....especially from old friends-and the new ones too.I can't thank you enough.

Amelia-welcome-and thank you for even noticing and caring enough to post, especially on your first day here.You will love this place.I wish you well.Negativeman-thank you.Sobearsih-as a comedian-I applaud you for making *me* laugh(you'd never have guessed I was huh?I'm not normally this serious-but I needed to be)

To other newbies I've never met-thank you-'Too much, pixy, tommyk, gypsy13....and others who have been around but I didn't get to know-anvilhead, jbhall...thank you too.Every word here means something to me.The fact you even posted matters to me.

All my old friends-Dee, Ro, Anna, Liz, Hevyn, Rella, Tanya,Kevin, Carol .....I know I've missed so many-my brain is all but fuzz tonight(not from drinking-just from what an emotional day it's been)...I love you and I've missed you.I won't run away this time.I need you all and I hope I can give back even half of what you gave me today...

Just....thank you.I'm sober today-because of you.

Much love,

Julesxox
Old 06-19-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Jules. :ghug3

I have been struggling too (still), I feel a lot like you described in your post.

I have missed you, your intelligence, humour and compassion. (Dee said what I would say, again.)

You aint a loser! It will click for you soon.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Hey Jules, you're a kiwi chick...by definition you can't be a loser!

:ghug3 from Hamilton
PupMum
Old 06-19-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Jules,
I am still pretty new here but looking at all te posts you have, you should never feel alone knowing you can come here and get a little back up. I am so happy to read your sober because of this. Everyone is fighting or struggling with something, we fall down at times but we get back up and thats what you did yesterday. That is a huge step and look how many people came to help. Take the loving and caring and know your not alone and never feel like your not a winner.

Last edited by beegee; 06-19-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: wrong smiley
Old 06-19-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Shall I Project A World?

It is lame, but...have a listen.

And know this, the fact that have said no means that you can, and will again, and again, and, yet again.

You have self-perception, and obviously bigger wishes for yourself----you are head and shoulders above HALF the civilized world----self-conciousness is NOT an easy commodity, in fact, sadly, most people you pass on the street have had less thoughts on that particular day than my cat Friday has in an hour.

Mind you, we may never break the cages of being human, but we can rattle them pretty well, and make the old jailer say daily "what the hell was I thinking"

In my experience, staying sober while others do not can be interesting, you become privy to, and adept at getting, all sorts of information not otherwise available....I'm just saying.

Its Thursday, you'll figure it out as Saturday approaches. Hell, break out the CC and buy a treat. Preferably something leather, or sunglasses made in Italy. Screw the sunglasses. Buy yourself a pair of 700$ gloves, and stimulate the conomy while stimulating your ego

And you are not alone, everyone else is here in the Pit, too....and the water is fine.

"They all float down here"
Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Abbie-Normal

Heya Jules,

Keep your head up. Stop looking down at the floor! I'm brand spankin' new here but love it here thus far. There's a big family here to help keep you (and me) encouraged so please don't feel down on yourself!

Much love!
)))))HUGGLES!(((((
Gringo
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Jules I have so missed you. You're not a loser hun, you just need help and support. Let us do that for you. I don't mind being used . You WILL get it. I have told you that before. Sometimes it doesn't happen when we want it to or when others think we should... but it will.

You will get it. Now could you stick around a little more often? You know I don't do AA and I have to say SR has been instrumental in keeping me alcohol free.

:ghug3 Love you Julesy! I'm glad you're back.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober and Loving It!

Jules, I don't know you, but I wanted to say something if you don't mind.

You are NOT a loser. Losers never quit, and I see you are here still and still trying.

That is a winner in my book!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Again-thank you all so much! (and a special shout out to two of my older fav people here-Stoney and Gyps-love you guys!) To the newbies I hadn't met till now-thank you too-it means the world to see you here, and that you posted.It's so good to remember we're not alone.

I'm not leaving this time.I've realised that I isolate at the times I most need support.I need to be here and frankly, I've really missed you all.I'm staying.

Much love to all of you.It's only 8 30am here and I will get through my day sober with all of you.

I'm really grateful for each of you,

Julesxox
Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Much love to you Jules. It takes a STRONG person to come back. You are strong and you are wonderful.

:brick

Did that help ?

It's morning for you, I have no doubt you will make it through today. Come here & post when you need extra help or just reading helps too.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

and LOL! Thanks Gyps-I can always count on you for the 'gentle approach' Too funny!

I just missed you in Bottoms!I'll catch you later on, no doubt.

Love you,

Julesxox
Old 06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
not a greeter

:brick

Here's another just to keep you straight since it's time for bed here :ghug3.

Bottoms is the place to be! Best thread ever!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks Gyps!I've missed you!

See you there
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey (((Jules))) how you doing?
Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Kev!

Thanks for thinking of me I'm doing much better than when I wrote this that's for sure!I'm still sober and that's largely due to the support I've had here.It was such a relief to come back and I'm so glad I did.

I feel a little stronger every day and am counting each day sober as a victory.I had an amazing thing happen today-which I plan to post about when I get the chance some time tomorrow.I'll probably start a new thread about it-so watch the boards-LOL!

Thanks for checking in on me.I hope you're doing well too!

Jules
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling better Jules
< will be watching the boards

D
Old 06-26-2008, 10:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Jules62 View Post
Hey Kev!

Thanks for thinking of me I'm doing much better than when I wrote this that's for sure!I'm still sober and that's largely due to the support I've had here.It was such a relief to come back and I'm so glad I did.

I feel a little stronger every day and am counting each day sober as a victory.I had an amazing thing happen today-which I plan to post about when I get the chance some time tomorrow.I'll probably start a new thread about it-so watch the boards-LOL!

Thanks for checking in on me.I hope you're doing well too!

Jules

Good to hear from you Jules, glad your doing better, hang in there its worse out there and yep I am ok.

Kevin
PS I look forward to hearing more and will keep me eye open
Old 06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Jules

Whooooaaahh, can we pile up any more negative feelings about ourself? I'm sure you're not anything like as you describe. Stop beating yourself up, come up with a new plan for sobriety and... work it!!

You mentioned boredom, well I would recommend A.A. there is plenty of service work to be done and you can contribute as much or as little as you like! I personally like coffee mess duty, at least if the coffee and donuts suck I know who to blame!!!

Welcome Back Jules!!

John