Notices

I attended my first H&I meeting last night

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seriously Fun!

I attended my first H&I meeting last night

H & I = Hospitals and Institutions

And not from the inside, but as a visitor. And I did my first share.

I have been at many "from the inside" let me say.

My sponsor called me and asked me if I wanted to attend a meeting that was for pregnant Moms, and new Moms who were dealing with CPS (Child Protective Services). She asked me to be the speaker! Yikes! And she only gave me a few hours warning! Eeeek!

And I did it. In the safe environment of babies crawling around my feet and only about 8 women in the group. I was thrilled and honored to be there. I love babies.

I didn't go into a drunk-a-log, but I was able to say How it was, and how it is now. I forgot to say how I came into AA. (AA came to me in rehab). It was great to have my sponsor sitting next me. I am so happy to have a sponsor who "gets me", and really is helping me. And likes to laugh like me.

Anyway...I had a soft and easy first "by-the-seat-of-my-pants" speaker share. Next time I hope I get a chance to write some things down first. I couldn't remember anything funny. And I think I spoke about 3 minutes total. Pretty funny for 45 years worth of stuff. But with babies crawling all over it..it worked. I chose the topic, "Who are you getting clean and sober for", and the women opened right up. That was cool too!

I chose that topic because when I first started rehab...I was doing it for my kids. I had to finally really want to do it for myself for it to work.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a great experience Log Cabin!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that with us. It sounds like you've found a good place to do your service, give back and all that. You are going to keep what you have by giving it away, so Fantastic!
kj