Notices

un-managable

Old 06-18-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Originally Posted by gypsy13 View Post
as for the cigs......i gotta keep some vices...dont i?
We'll let ya slide on that one - for now anyway. You may have a liitle much on your mind at this point in time.

Stay strong my friend...........
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
endless delerium

ill try......
think ill go do that personal time thing... then work on my profile here... seems i might be here alot this week.
thanks for being here. you have no idea how much it means to me.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning Gypsy. I completely understand what you're going through. I'm tapering off of a norco addiction now. My husband, mom and sister know only because they found the pills. I'm 37, a stay at home mom with a beautiful 2 yr. old girl and amazing 6 month old boy.
This was a relapse for me.
The first time I quit, 6 years ago, I did it on my own. Well, almost. I had a dr. prescribe me some meds to make wd easier. And I did tell a couple of friends so that I would be held accountable. It was hard but I did it. The only problem is that I didn't have the tools to deal with the things later on that got me back in the same boat again ( a few months ago). I still haven't been to a meeting but I plan on going this week. I don't know if I'll share or not but I just have to see faces that understand. This board is amazing. It just feels so good to know we are not alone.
I'm thinking of you and praying for you.
You can pm me if you want to talk.
hugs to you,
Jody
Old 06-18-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i don't know why that post came up twice. sorry.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
endless delerium

is fun glitch!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gypsy13 View Post
so this is a waste of my time??
im hopeless unless i go to a meeting or see a dr.?
gawds this was the wrong day to quit!

thanks for the welcome anyhow......guess ill just go cry into the hell ive made.
the only way I can stay sober is meetings meetings meetings but thats just me
everyone is different and has their own path to take
mine nearly killed me, got me arrested, cost me thousands
Im sober nearly 9 months and feel better than I have in 25 years
It does get better
I dont care if someone sees me at a meeting because today I have nothing to be ashamed of

Last edited by frstnm; 06-18-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: for got to say.....
Old 06-18-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
endless delerium

my habits have cost me dearly as well..............about 600 dollars a night costly. not to mentain friends, family, time, and a relationship with my children.
but i am willing to do this... to stop... to try and find ground again. i cant die like this. i just want to be me again......
Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober and Loving It!

Hi Gypsi! I am new here.

I wanted to send you some strength. The first few days of any withdrawal can be brutal. Be extra kind to yourself. Don't expect to feel great. 24+ hours now is a fantastic start!!

There is always hope, hon. I am 36, mom of 2; one being 3 years and the other 14. I had a massive problem with alcohol. I didn't drink during my pregnancies, but I certainly did before my last child and after wards. Everyone in my family thought I was going to die from it.

I had to prove them wrong, you know ;-) In all seriousness, I had enough of the crap, and life is getting better and better; each and every day. Hang in there!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

gypsy,

I can tell you the truth, if you want.
Your living situation is really a dying situation.
Stay and you can guess what will happen.
Maybe you can accept that, and maybe you can't.
You will have to go somewhere to be around healthy people who can help you, because you obviously can't help yourself.
If you don't change this, you will get worse.
Asking for help here is a good start, but you will have to do more, and quickly, if you really want help.
Find a shelter, or a willing friend, to take you in.
If you don't know how close you are to death, now might be a good time to take stock in that.
Of course, your children have already been affected in ways that will take years to correct, but at least you don't have to make it any worse for them if you commit to getting help now.
You will not be able to do this on your own.
You will not get help from anyone else who is actively abusing drugs or alcohol.
One other thing. You said you'd try anything once.
Well, I already know you can't try quitting drugs and alcohol on your own, but I wonder if you'd be willing to try something totally crazy that might just help.
I wonder if you would try praying to your own concept of a Higher Power for relief from your addictions.
Good luck!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

John,

Maybe you ought to read the whole thread. She has quit already and is committed to staying that way. She already knows where she was headed. That is why she stopped.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

hammer,

thanks for the check, and I hope you are right. of course, it might be possible that someone writing in one of these Forums is actually being honest all the time. Of course, in my experience talking with many, many addicts and alcoholics...and what I know from my own path of recovery...leads me to see things between the lines sometimes. I'm not always right, of course. but, recovery doesn't happen in a few days, weeks, or even months... and a commitment to staying sober can only really be seen as a commitment when someone has completely changed there life...not when someone says that they've made that commitment.

John
Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
endless delerium

still here....having grilled cheese and tomato soup with the kids......gonna clean my kitchen... boyfriend says it will be good therapy and ill feel a seanse of accomplishment out of it. by the way my boyfriend is trying to stop as well.....hes the same time i am... i just dont feel he's gonna make it through the withdrawls. his job makes him much cash, and he always has access to any thing he might want. hes got medical issues that seem to get much worse the longer hes sober... course he and i both know its the drugs saying "give me more or ill hurt you where it counts." i just dont know if he can make it through that pain... and neither does he.. hes in full support of me... and him.
soups good......and i did score that milk, bread, and cereal today. where theres a will theres a way.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
endless delerium

and by the way.............i am honest...all the time.......i fight for truth.....
thats a big reason i have to stop living a lie. this is not my life.. nor is it who i am! i miss me... i miss my boyfriend.. i miss my kids.... i want my frickin life back.....not a damn set of works or a pipe......i want my family back.. i wanna see a movie.
hows that for truth?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

didn't all the Woodstocks end up in people hurting each other?

in other words, when people only do what they want to do, based on their feelings (which are usually temporary), doesn't that amount to extremely self-centered and self-destructive behavior? that's why healthy people set boundaries for themselves.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JohnPainter View Post

in other words, when people only do what they want to do, based on their feelings (which are usually temporary), doesn't that amount to extremely self-centered and self-destructive behavior? that's why healthy people set boundaries for themselves.
I am having trouble seeing how this relates to the posts, ad even more trouble how this is trying to help get one sober or help maintain sobriety, which is, after all, the purpose of these forums.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober and Loving It!

Originally Posted by JohnPainter View Post

I am completely baffled by your responses.

This is a place to come and get the support to become sober and start living a healthy life isn't it? We all have to start somewhere. So I thought.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
endless delerium

the first woodstock did not end in pain......
if youd like we can go off topic or pm and ill give you the whys and where fors as to what happened to the other ones.....and socity as a whole since wwII. its one of my favorite subjects.......could keep me ocupied and outta trouble.......
*smiles*
thanks dgillz, good lookin out!
Old 06-18-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

if all you ever want to do is start to get better, then that's all you have to do. you can start and stop as often as you want. I'm not talking to those who want to just 'start' to get better. I'm talking only to those who want to 'keep' getting better. you never really 'start' to get better until you 'stop' using for good. that means stop using excuses as well. I know that it won't be a popular view. but, it is the only view I know to actually help people. reinforcing one another's delusions is not really helping...even in the name of compassion.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
endless delerium

i think ill play one day at a time....forever right now seems bleak. i think ill make it through tonight. and not dwell on.... what if i cant make it.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Honestly,

I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it with all of my heart to be the truth:
You don't ever have to use drugs or alcohol again.
You can become permanently sober.
I have. And I know many others who have.
This is the hope of recovery.
We live one day at a time.
I never say to myself, "Gee, I haven't drank Bleach today, but I don't know about tomorrow..." That would be insane thinking. I'm not insane. I never was.
I couldn't live with my thoughts and feelings the way they were. If I had to keep the same thoughts and feelings I always had, I would have always kept drinking and using drugs to change how I felt.
I don't think the same anymore. I can change how I feel in any number of healthy ways today.
I was taught how to live this way by people who cared more about saving my life than they did about hurting my feelings.
Now, I try to do the same.