Notices

Truth and Consequences (long)

Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As are you Warrens, as are you...

Glad to know that your day is going so well. You have one heck of a GREAT attitude.

Suzette
Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((Warren)))

Was getting ready to step away from the laptop to actually get some work done when I saw your post...

GLAD you're doing better!!!!

Keep it up!

Will check in on ya later for sure...
Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Newleaf

I'm sure that I'm no different than most. To know that people care is so important.

Addiction is not simply chemistry. It is chemistry, biology, and injury combined. An unique "cocktail." If it were simply chemistry, the entire world would be ravaged.

So, simple comments like yours can make a huge difference. The reason why this place has made such a difference in so many lives. Strangers supporting strangers. How freakin' weird is that?

We addicts have so often exhausted and trampled upon the love of those who are "supposed" to love us. How much is our share? The gulf between we, who are so needy, and those who are so functional, can be vast. Gimme, gimme, gimme... Sometimes the love remains while the energy simply runs out.

That is the uniqueness of this community. For some bloody reason, here are people who care. People who have committed the same offenses against family and friends to the point where they are left with nothing. Fortunately, that's not me. Yet. But it sure could happen. And I know exactly how to accomplish that. Keep drinking.

Never underestimate the value of a simple comment like yours. It could be a "newbie" who sounds beyond hope. Whose "story" makes you thankful that you were never that hopeless or lost.

Nope. My drinking never approached the level of so many here. BFD. It crippled me. It kept me from being who I am. It poisoned and compromised every relationship. It infected (and still does) every aspect of life. I think (at age 60) that I can still reclaim that which I am capable of. To make each day an adventure worth engaging and not simply enduring.

A simple comment. Consider it carefully. You may think it meaningless. You may think "Oh, why?" Well, yours made a difference in this humble life. If our comments reach 10% what does that mean?

To all of you here: Never underestimate the value of a simple comment. It may be rejected. It may go unread. It may be dismissed. But what if 10% mean something? I have seen threads where there have have been 50 comments. All of them sincere. But one of them is seized upon by the reader for some f'ing reason. Can I explain it? No way. All I know is that you will never know when a simple comment makes an enormous difference. It might be one in a hundred. From an anonymous source. Sometimes they are the most valuable. Just do it. Just do it, for god's sake!

warren
Old 06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Missed your posts. Thank you for your honesty and the update Warrens. The forum is always here. Don't ever underestimate that people are here that care and to help.