Notices

Disconnected in general

Old 06-15-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Disconnected in general

Hey guys. I am still plugging away at being clean, however, I have become very disconnected with everything as of late. I am doing good, just am not seeing enough improvement. I know I am expecting too much, but sometimes it seems like other than staying sober and going through the steps, I am the same person and do not have much to show for it. I have yet to get a job and the like, still at the parents house and feel like a loser at times. Yes, I am being too hard on myself, just it's so frustrating having so many emotions back and trying to regulate my thoughts and be normal and do normal things now. I don't know what I am saying really, hence being disconnected.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Recovery is a process--PG. I know at times it can seem frustrating...not happening as quickly as we'd like (I know I've had those feelings before myself). But when you consider the alternative--even just the "slightest" progress, however slow it may seem is still way better than using. We didn't get messed up overnight...we won't magically recover overnight. Hang in there! Sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be. :ghug2
Old 06-15-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If you are staying clean & sober then you are 'connected'.

It just might not feel like it at times, but give yourself credit.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Do you have a plan to help you move forward?
Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're definitely not a loser.

Recovery is a long road and sometimes it seems like you're not really moving, but at other times, you will sail along. You said that not much has changed since being sober, but I'm sure there are more changes than you realize. Hopefully you will soon find a job and be able to move to your own place.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses everyone. Yes, I do have a plan, maybe push myself in recovery even more. Read more literature and go to more meetings. I think that is a good way to get out of this.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cool

Sometimes I've found that folks in recovery seem to be looking in the wrong direction when looking for the changes....

Many times folks will be looking forward toward the goal, and feel that it's soooo far off, and they have soooooo far to go.....BUT they forget to look behind them......to see just how far they've come.....

I'm betting that if you look, you'll see that you've come a long way, baby.... (o:

NoelleR
Old 06-15-2008, 10:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Recovery is about what's happening in you. Not what's happening to you.