Notices

day 3

Old 06-12-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3

i've made it to about the midway point and wanted to see where i'm at right now. i'll be leaving work in a while

If I don't hear from my girlfriend, then I think i'm going to go to a meeting and then go home....if she is awake I will ask for a back scratch

if not I will go to YOGA alone tonight.
then I will go home

that is my tentative plan right now.

I spent some hours frustrated and lonely at work today and now i am plugging away and moving through those feelings. I am doing a little creating. creating my life. I spent some time on this website and value the things i've come across. I will take more action in recovery for the remainder of the day.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by ksplash5 View Post
I will take more action in recovery for the remainder of the day.
Glad that you posted today and glad that I did show up here again today to see what ya said. Ahhh I need to take more action in recovery as well...for each day and sometimes I forget that. So thanks for being my teacher on that lesson again..LMAO that is why we go to meets because we suffer from CRS *Cant Remember Sh*T*
Old 06-12-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks Chance for the response...I'm at home now, and have been struggling with lonliness and rejection. I'm feeling these feelings, and also doing a few things to keep busy and moving and my mind a little occupied (like mowing the lawn, laundry, and listening to loud music on my IPOD).

I did not hear from girlfriend on the way home and made the decision to go straight home. I felt very insecure and needy and she was turned off by these feelings of mine. i know that it is because it triggers those emotions in her and so I just received the rejectioin and concentrated on myself and my emotions and feeling them and breathing through them and not over-reacting and I have actually done some very good action by living through these emotions.

I am so very sensitive and needy right now for a few reasons. my early recovery from crack of course is the major thing going on. but also, a very large factor, is that I have committed myself to Girl friend, and well, she is healing from the gut wrenching hurts that I've given her over and over again each time I abandoned her and used for the last 3 years. another factor is that she is drinking tonight and I immediately felt sorry for myself because I wanted to get drunk. I worked through that pretty well and I am so glad that I know that I will wake up clear and with no headache and healthy body functions tomorrow and right now. I feel good about not drinking tonight. not because I'm patting myself on the back but because of the sense that it would do me no good and that i would only feel pain and my desire to go out and use would be unbearable and I don't want to smoke crack.

I want to be free. I want to be free even in the thick of uncomfortable feelings. I want to live my life doing the best that I can right now. The best that I can do becomes considerably less when I drink or use.

I have made it through this day. it's 9pm and i'm safe at home, miles away from the dope man. I'm safe. my feelings wont kill me....but if i run from them the alcohol and drugs kill me. It's so hard to break free from the best friend of drugs/alcohol. it's hard to let go of that friend. it is so important that a new friend is found. most importantly a new friend in myself. and also very importantly meaningful contacts with old friends and new friends in my world.

I create my recovery. I made good choices tonight. I'm glad I chose to come home and that it worked out and I was able to practice feeling my feelings at home tonight as opposed to AA or YOGA...had i done them the comfort of those two activities may have not allowed me exposure to the discomfort that has been with me tonight.

thanks for listening
Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by ksplash5 View Post
It's so hard to break free from the best friend of drugs/alcohol. it's hard to let go of that friend. it is so important that a new friend is found. most importantly a new friend in myself. and also very importantly meaningful contacts with old friends and new friends in my world.
I am not sure when I wrote this but I have posted it here before. And although my spirituality has taken a different turn that what was written it all goes in the same direction. You mentioned that dope was or is your best friend. This was written over 6 years ago before I even knew anyone here. And when you mentioned how it is or was your best friend, it is so how it was and is for me. So I thought I would share it with ya here if that is OK?

DISEASE vs FREEDOM

I once had a friend who treated me right
She said that she loved me but we would fight

At first we had a very special thing
With laughter, love, and a diamond ring

She made me feel as if I was a man
Then she looked again and she ran

She ran her blood into my vain
She started to take away all my pain

But when after awhile she would leave
I would have too pull up my sleeve

To find her once again in me
But she wouldn't set me free

She took control of the life that we had
The blood thickened and turned bad

Why did you turn on me so much
You were with me dinner, breakfast, and lunch

Although you would be my main course
You became my only source

Chrystal don't you still love me a little bit
Why did you have to make me feel like sh*t

Did you come to destroy my life
You took away my children and my wife

You promised that we would never end
You said my life would be only love send

But yet you turned you back on me
You brought heartache and cut down my tree

You said that I was your only one
But yet your trickery took my son

You said that no matter what would be
That you would always be good to me

Now you have me with heart and soul
You keep me on the miserable roll

Why can't you just go your way
And leave this world not tomorrow but today

Why did you turn so very bad
At first you made me so very glad

Can't you see how you have lied to him
You have kept them living in sin

You have taken a lot of things
So now I must take back that diamond ring

I have the power through my LORD today
To put you to rest and make you lay

But yet I hear your voice inside
Saying Babe Babe just one more ride

But yet one is too many and a thousand in never enough
You always did like playing rough

So now I have a choice to make
I will throw the ring into the lake

The lake of death is in your life
No longer will I have you as wife

So thanks for the adventure down this lane
I hope to God that you never rain

For now you know how very real it feels
That love like that will actually kill

So now you have lost you power over me
For today my Lord has set me free

If ya ever need to get through something I am going to pm ya my phone number. You are always welcome to call me if ya ever need some one with some ears to listen. thanks so much for being a part of my journey!