Notices

moving in the right direction (day 2)

Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

moving in the right direction (day 2)

I've had a setback and now feel confident of moving forward in sobriety again. I made a good start before. there was somethilng new and different about my recovery. the main thing was I was feeling my feelings of:
1.wanting to use
2. lonliness and self pity

work is almost over for the day. I have a therapy appointment and I'll go home after that. today is my third day without electricity at home and that means no water also. I look forward to making that a positive thing. last night was a wonderful night without power. and it's kind've fun waking up and doing things differently and using the flashlight to see stuff

I received comfort from reading some of todays post

thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ksplash,

I'm glad you're back and moving forward.

I like your attitude about the electricity being off. That's definitely a good shift in perspective.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go K....Wow no electric or water! You are strong to handle all that, on day 2....

Yes I would call that a paradime shift!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey!!! ksplash, good to hear from you...i know exactly what you mean about the electric.
,,,good luck on your new start...don't feel lonely...please!!! It makes me feel sad to think of you feeling lonely...fumblin' around for ur torch! If ever u want a chat...rant...or just want to hear some bad jokes and ramblin'...then pm me
Your digital mate
Benji x
Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm on day seven and having troubles. It makes me feel a bit stronger to know that you're without water and electricity and still looking on the bright side! Thank you!:ghug
Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sounds like your handling this well...make it like an adventure! sometimes it's easier to stay sober when everything is different!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Wow..Very encouraging.
Especially with no power and water.Great attitude on the whole situation.
Be proud of yourself.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Your attitude is awesome, have you thought about maybe going to a meeting and meeting some folks face to face?

The reason I say this is for me isolation equaled drinking, I spent years sitting in my garage drinking alone, and I had a radio and light. For me there is no way I could have stayed sober being alone in my garage with no light and no radion at a minimum.

In early sobriety I had to be in exactly the opposite enviroment I was in when I was drinking, for me meetings were that place, people who had been where I was at, friendly caring people who wanted to help me, who understood me. People that had been where I was at and had found a new way of life and loved nothing more then heping me find what they had.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks Taz,

I am planning to go to a meeting on Sunday. I may go tonight also, but probably not if I go to YOGA. this YOGA class is very helpful for me and provides a nice contact with people before and after the class....nice contact with healthy people. light social contact.

but I want to hear and be with people struggling to get sober or stay clean. I do get a little inspiration simply from being at a meeting and hearing people's resolve to try and stay clean (even if the've relapse a lot like me)