Notices

really depressed lately

Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

really depressed lately

and the hot humid weather and this damn migraine aren't making things any better. Just asking for your prayers to get me thru this difficult time without self medicating. I don't want to go back there, but don't especially like it where I am right now. So just pray for me, please, that this sick headache goes away and that I am able to survive til it does.

Thank you all. I love you all very much.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey hon, how about going somewhere cool like a matinee film? Sit in the AC with a nice big bucket of buttery popcorn and a soda? The cool temps and a movie might distract you from the migraine? I hate the humidity too.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
and the hot humid weather and this damn migraine aren't making things any better. Just asking for your prayers to get me thru this difficult time without self medicating
Hi Least, I know what you mean. I moved from the humid weather 17 years ago to the extreme heat of Arizona....it's hot, but it's a dry heat as they say (feels like a blow dryer in your face when I ride my bike). I do love AZ.
Hang in there I know you can do it, I've read some of your old posts!

Prayers on there way!
:praying
Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Least for migraines I have heard a nice dark quiet room helps a lot, for depression the worst thing in the world is isolation, when I isolated, I drank............ I no longer isolate, I have become a part of the world.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi least - glad you keep posting, even in your misery. There is light at the end of the tunnel with all this. I know for a fact! I went through this same thing in Jan., headaches, depression, the feeling that if this is as good as I'll ever feel, why don't I just drink? We know better, though! It brought us nothing but pain in the end - it was not a relief, not a refuge - just a living hell. Try to remember, drinking will NOT give you the relaxed, calm feeling it once did. It's over for us - we're too far gone to ever feel that way again. Nothing for it but to forge on ahead & see where the sober road will lead us. It has to be better than where we've been. Love you!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Least,

I hope you feel better!
Old 06-09-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for your healing and peace.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi least, I'm also in Arizona and when it gets hot here I often think about how nice a few dozen icy cold beers would taste.

And then I remember where that first drink always took me, the wreckage I created and the living nightmares, the damaged relationships. Sooooo......

This summer I've been taking lots of cold showers, going to AA meetings and enjoying the air conditioned room, drinking lots of cold water and soft drinks, slipping into a swimming pool when I have the opportunity, always looking for shade or just finding a cool place at home to relax and read.

There's plenty of ways to stay sane, sober, and cool. I just have to look for them when the need arises.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking won't help the migraine...and water's way more effective with the heat L.

Hope you feel better soon
D
Old 06-09-2008, 05:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
getting there

Sending prayers your way! Boy do I feel you with the depression. Sometimes it seems it will never go away. Hang in there though, a drink will only compound your problems.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The kids are driving me wild here. They youngest insisted on walking downtown when we're about to have a bad storm. I insisted she stay here but she left anyway.

I'm not drinking. I know it will only make things worse. I'm just in a state of constant anxiety and depression the last few days. But I'm not going to drink, just for today.

:ghug
Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow L..... Take a deep breath, I know that would make me crazy. When kid's don't listen.... And I thought I had it bad because I live alone.

Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Stay sober with me, Least. Tonight's been a bear for me, too. Stressed and frustrated. Basically a blue day.

Kids. I've got four teens. Just had to remind the oldest to be "in by midnight" -- our household rule. He just doesn't get it. He's "an adult" you know!!!! An adult living, eating and sleeping in our house and driving our cars.

My daughters and I are butting heads constantly; they're 17. (They'll talk to Dad, though!)

And I don't recognize my youngest anymore...

Depression is what got me drinking, and I've learned that drinking only makes me more depressed. It's so hard to remember it's only a TEMPORARY, ineffectual fix.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey least. I was thinking about what Astro said regarding taking a dip in the pool. Last time I did that some little somofabunch ran up to me shouting some crap about Shamu being loose from Sea World. They were pouring water on me and trying to roll me back in the pool!!!! Kids. There are reasons why some some animals eat their young. LOL

Least, as I've said before, this quitting drinking crap is tough. But I have come to the conclusion that we just put too much time and energy into thinking about it. I mean, you know how much I used to drink. For a refresher it was equivalent to 40 cocktails in the bar every night. Well guess what? I started a bartending job last week!!! And I am fine with it. Doesn't bother me a bit. I just don't dwell on it.

Now I know that your migraines are a different animal, but just try to put your energy into thinking about other stuff.

Just my 2 cents worth. And I love you as well.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

LMAO Daddio - too funny.
Least - tomorrow's another day.

ok, so that was a lame response, but I'm tired and it's the best I could come up with
Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am trying hard to beat my circumstances. It doesn't help that my sister (500 miles away) is constantly emailing me telling me what I should do to "fix" my life. I'm doing the best I can but she keeps bugging me with instructions on finding work and improving my life. If I refute her arguments she just gets mad and yells at me more.

I only see her once or twice a year so don't understand how she "knows" what I'm doing wrong.

Woke up this morning in a terrible anxiety attack. I'm drinking sleepytime tea to try and calm down. At least it's not so hot today.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

(((((Least)))))

You got through yesterday, you can get through today. You'll be in my thoughts today, hon.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

the great thing about emails is...you don't have to open them...you can even delete them without reading them at all

keep going S - you're getting there

D
Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hang in there Least. Migraines pass... so does the weather.