SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sunday AM...Hey All (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/151484-sunday-am-hey-all.html)

Robzoloft 06-08-2008 08:09 AM

Sunday AM...Hey All

Sunday morning and its good to be home....I'm on a weekend pass from treatment. I'm grateful to still have a wife and home to come back to...its amazing how other people love us and support us when we seem so intent on destroying them and ourselves. I'm still looking for a job ( lost my job of 20 years on my last run) This is completely overwhelming and scary....I'm trying to break the process down into small manageable steps....but its still nerve-wracking. Of course I immediately go to catastrophe mode and convince myself I'll never work again....be destitue...and on and on. I recognize that for what it is now...old tapes. I can't change the past...focusing on the next meeting I'm going to andb what I can do...through action...TODAY. Thanks.Rob

Ananda 06-08-2008 08:14 AM

So glad you came on to update us. Yeah it's amazizng how so many family and friends stick it out! try not to get overwhelmed .... stay where your hands are! (hope you don't mind some friendly encouragement from a stranger!)

HUGGS

Impurrfect 06-08-2008 08:17 AM

(((Rob)))

I tend to "awfulize", too, but experience has proven that everything works out okay. I may not see it at the time, but later on it's pretty clear.

Maybe losing the job was what you needed to put your focus on you. There are other jobs....there's only one you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

tommyk 06-08-2008 08:17 AM

Hi Rob.

Thanks for stopping by, best wishes in your recovery.

Anna 06-08-2008 08:28 AM

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you're doing well!

ThisIsTheDay 06-08-2008 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Robzoloft (Post 1797204)
I'm grateful to still have a wife and home to come back to...its amazing how other people love us and support us when we seem so intent on destroying them and ourselves.

Hi Rob, yes you really have alot to be grateful for!

Stay strong you are way ahead of the game!

grateful2b 06-08-2008 09:12 AM

Rob, you sound good inspite of your immediate stressors..stay strong, my friend, you're doing great..hugs, grateful

least 06-08-2008 09:23 AM

Yes it's amazing how those to whom we did the most damage are often the ones who love and support us the most. :ghug2

Daddio 06-08-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Robzoloft (Post 1797204)
Sunday morning and its good to be home....I'm on a weekend pass from treatment. I'm grateful to still have a wife and home to come back to...its amazing how other people love us and support us when we seem so intent on destroying them and ourselves.

Carpe Diem my friend. You mentioned old tapes. How about making today's feeling one of your new tapes. Capture all that is good about the day and remember it. Just tell your brain this is one of the things that I want in my new life.

Best to you on your journey. You have my prayers for continued healing.

Peace from the Burg.