Notices

4 months

Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months

well, made it to 4 months. I am happy to be sober. Life is much better this way. unfortunately, I had caused so much damage to myself career-wise and some other ways, that it seems it will take some time to get that together as well.honestly, it's making me a bit out of sorts these last few days. I am really hating it with the job situation right now, cannot find anything and I am forced to be at the parents house(I know, it could be worse on the street) I am working the steps and am seeing definite progress, just it is a very slow process, as you all know. I am rambling. I guess I need some words of encouragement.. to keep going.You folks always say the right things I need to hear... Thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It took a while for us to get sick,
it will take a while for us to get better
.......that goes for other parts of your life too!

Learning to be patient and to keep my face to the sunshine has been key in my recovery.

Huge Congratulations on 4 MONTHS !!!!

Seren
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on 4 months, that's awesome! Trust me, life just keeps getting better and better the longer we're sober. And you're working the Steps, that's great! Progress, not perfection.

God's doing the driving now. Enjoy the ride, it's a wonderful journey!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 months!!

I have almost 15 months clean, and am still dealing with financial/career/money/legal situations from when I was using. With recovery, I'm facing them and slowly resolving them.

Each time we get through a struggle and stay clean/sober, we feel so much better about ourselves.

Despite the things I'm dealing with, my life is SO much better now, so keep up the good work. Our problems don't disappear, but we sure do get better at dealing with and resolving them!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-04-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
where the light is

Congratulations on 4 months sober! That's huge. I know how difficult it can be. Don't let other issues take anything away from that accomplishment.

Be patient, work hard, and keep moving forward one day at a time. Everything will work out.

I had a bit of a tough day today and your post reminded me to appreciate where I am today compared to the day I quit drinking. I am a much better person today and I am sure that you are too.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. It's funny, last week it felt like I relapsed mentally. My mind felt like I had used, but I did not. I guess it is from feeling all of these emotions now, after all of this time.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

PG 4 months is awesome, working on the steps with a sponsor is even better.

Keep working those steps and APPLY them!!!

The more time sober, the more steps you work and the more steps you are applying to all areas of your life the better you will get at living life on lifes terms, at least that has been my experience.

Stick with it and you will find a joy even greater then you ever dreamed!!! I have found pure elation giving it away!!! My second sponsee and I went through the steps and he has over a year sober now, the sparkle in his eye and the smile on his face are priceless and all I did was share my ES&H taking him through the steps. A new sponsee and I will be working on step one tonight.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PG1968 View Post
well, made it to 4 months. I am happy to be sober. Life is much better this way. unfortunately, I had caused so much damage to myself career-wise and some other ways, that it seems it will take some time to get that together as well.honestly, it's making me a bit out of sorts these last few days. I am really hating it with the job situation right now, cannot find anything and I am forced to be at the parents house(I know, it could be worse on the street) I am working the steps and am seeing definite progress, just it is a very slow process, as you all know. I am rambling. I guess I need some words of encouragement.. to keep going.You folks always say the right things I need to hear... Thanks.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Your financial situation might be messed up, but you've won the lottery, the way I try to think of my sobriety when things look bleak.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats PG, 4 months is awesome. You will still be on the emotional roller-coaster I know I was, don't worry about it, give it time.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I share in the joy of your 4 months. great job....i'm sure you have had to be strong and work hard at times. I'm on day 25 for me.

it's OK that you are living at your parents house. maybe you can try to be gentle on yourself. and like you said it is somelthing to be grateful for as it is more comfortable than being on the streets.

I can relate to being frustrated with your employment situation. job hunting has no rewards and no pay, UNTIL the moment that you make a connection and get hired.

hang in there and keep doing what you doing. you sound good. Ups and downs are to be expected.

I heard this recently "life would be so boring if there were no challenges to face, no opportunity to grow into a better person". yes...like sitting around and watching TV my whole life,.....that is boring, lazy, and a waste of life.

you can do it.....thanks for sharing
Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job on 4 months!!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know some of the best advice I was ever given in regards to finding a job was to treat my job search like a job!

Get up at a specific time, get dressed, grab the paper, get on the computor and get to work, by mid morning hit the streets dressed well with resume` in hand. Go to lunch about noon, hit the streets again by 1:15, be home by 4 and back on the computor until 5:30.

The above advice got me off of my butt sleeping half the day away worrying about when a job was going to fall out of the sky and into my lap from one of the 20-30 resumes` I had mailed the month before. I found a job far quicker by working for a job rather then waiting for a job.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Four months is huge!!!

Many congrats to you...

You can DO this...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sober time you're doing great
Old 06-06-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job on 4 months.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Again.. you guys blow me away with encouragement. Thanks. I kind of got over that stress, for now. I am sure you know how it comes and goes. Have a great day all.