Notices

Thank you so much!!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you so much!!

Hi guys,

I have been up since 6:30...got some real sleep, again. I am beginning day 12 here. I just went back and reread my previous posts...WOW! I can honestly say that I am already a different person from the one who came here asking for help two weeks ago. I know that I have a long way to go, but it's a start, and that's all I can ask for right now. I was so scared and had just about given up any hope. If someone had told me then that I would not be drinking today, I would have laughed in their face. I thought I had reached a point where I thought I could never stop, and that it was going to kill me. I would actually go to sleep hoping it would.

The support and wisdom that you have shared, your offers of friendship, and willingness to help me are truly gifts. I hope you all know that you are amazing people! You have allowed me to ask endless questions, share my feelings, and whine...all without ever critcizing or judging. You've helped me to understand that I am not alone in this. And that I only have to deal with today. Without you, I wouldn't have had the determination to stop drinking. Without you, I never would have found the courage to go to my first AA meeting. Without you, I would have picked up a drink when my brain told me to. I thought I was a well-educated person, but you have shown me that I know and understand very little and that I have a great deal more to learn.

Because of you, I am smiling today. Because of you, I have not picked up a drink. Because of you, I am finding the courage to deal with life. Because of you, I think I can really do this!

I thank God for each and every one of you!

:ghug
Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

fg, Because of you...

you help us to keep what we got!

bless
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's because of you flgirl and we're here to offer support.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I am very thankful that you are have put yourself on the road to recovery. We need all the help we can get!:ghug3
Old 06-01-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Originally Posted by flgirl View Post
You have allowed me to ask endless questions, share my feelings, and whine...all without ever critcizing or judging.
Keep it up and we'll be offering some cheese to go with that whine! LOL

I am very proud of what you have accomplished. I go back a read previuos posts and you have come so far. I mean, you are are now looking forward to getting a speeding ticket....

I had a serious chat with God a few weeks back and told him (quite politely of course) that I would surely enjoy seeing some signs of serious healing among my new found buddies here at SR. Just as he did with me. I rest my case Your Gracious Honor.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

As I'm sure you can tell, the rollercoaster is on it's way back up, but the ups and downs don't seem quite as extreme as they have been. What kind of cheese, Daddio? I like Gouda :bounce
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank you - your joy adds to my life!:day4
Old 06-01-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Everyday the brain just gets better and better. That focus control just allows for finer tuning. We begin to understand that the "feelings" are just that and it is something that WE can take a hold of and put it where it belongs. Once in its proper place then we can give it the attention that it needs. Usually it's right out the door. Se ya Ciao Y'all.

Smoked Gouda BTW. Or perhaps Gruyere on some of my home made crunchy bread. Yummy.....
Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Flgirl- It was such a positive lift to read your post this morning. Thank you for sharing your success. Not too long and you will have your 30 day chip!

Have a wonderful day!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Miss FL Girl, I am very proud of you! Just "watching" you as you went through it all, is inspiring. You ask for help when you need it, you do the next right thing, and you have appeared to be patient with yourself, enough to keep on the right road.

Here's to you!

And, to more days ticking by.....

Honu
Old 06-01-2008, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your encouragement. It has meant the world to me! You really are the best!!