Notices

13 days sober...dying for a drink

Old 05-30-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

13 days sober...dying for a drink

Well its been 13 days of no drinking, and up until today I had nothing but enthusiasm and excitement for my new life sober. But today as Friday, normally my drinking night....and drinking has been on my mind for hours now. I have a feeling it will be hard tomorrow as well, as I only drank on the weekends. Serious craving...
Old 05-30-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on your thirteen days! Are you going to AA meetings? If so, it might help to go to a meeting tonight. Otherwise, just keep checking in here! You will feel so good about yourself tomorrow for not drinking.

Good luck!
:ghug
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great!

For me, what worked was changing my routines and daily patterns. Plan to do something different tomorrow. Go to a flea market, for a long walk, visit a friend - just do anything at all that is out of the ordinary routine for your weekend. It really helped me.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sadandalone - Congratulations on 13 days!! We all have the cravings, but it mostly mental. I try to do something to mix it up. I either go for a walk outside, play, go shopping, ie. get out and do something different. You can do it. If that doesn't work maybe others will have some suggestions for you! I'll send up some prayers for you.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadandalone View Post
Well its been 13 days of no drinking, and up until today I had nothing but enthusiasm and excitement for my new life sober. But today as Friday, normally my drinking night....and drinking has been on my mind for hours now. I have a feeling it will be hard tomorrow as well, as I only drank on the weekends. Serious craving...

Go to a meeting. Now!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What did you do last weekend to stay sober?

Yes...I too suggest a change of routine

Well Done on your new sobriety...
Old 05-30-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulations on your 13 days! Don't give in to the cravings!! You'll regret it and it will only make you feel like hell, mentally and physically. The cravings don't last forever, it just seems like it. :ghug
Old 05-30-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sadandalone,

Listen to the wise people. They know what they are talking about! I have been struggling since yesterday with wanting to have a drink. It's gotten better, but only because I went to 3 meetings today, kept myself REAL busy doing good things for me, and hopping on and off the forums to get me to knock off my really big pity party. I only have 10 days, but they have been the best 10 days (even with the wild emotional rollercoaster ride) that I have had in a very long time. I don't want to go back to the way I was, so for me I have to keep moving forward, even though I am finding that it can be really, really hard. Please think about going to a meeting and stick around here. It really does help. This time last week, I was GLUED to the forum and sweating the minutes. If it can get better for me, it can get better for you.

:ghug3
Old 05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats flgirl and others that are beating this monster, one day at a time. You are the only one that can take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Donna
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
where the light is

It may take a few weekends but you will get to the point where sober weekends are routine and enjoyable. Give it time. It's so worth it.

Coincidently , I always go to AA meetings on Friday and Saturday. Tonight - dinner with my family, awesome meeting, Criminal Minds on A&E, and a bit of SR. Wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Look at it this way Sad. If you slip down that slippery slope then you will feel really bad. Then, you'll want to write and tell us that you slipped. Then you will feel like something on the bottom of a shoe by that point. Then you will have to start this whole frickin' process all over again! Then it's what if I whatever. Then it's ........ Whew!!!!

Congrats on your 13 days.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Focus on why you are trying to quit in the first place and all of the great things you will gain from your sobriety. Try not focusing on what you are missing by not drinking. The pay off is, well, it's gonna be the most important thing you will ever do for yourself in life. Without sobriety, for us alcoholics and addicts, there simply is no life.

Good luck and congrats!!

K