Notices

Real Scared these days

Old 05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OMG... No! The 95% do not fail! The steps fail them or they do not care for the religion or just do nothing at all. I am in the 95% and I have not failed. The steps failed me. Oh please do not think that if you are not in the 5% that you will fail! It is just the opposite! Only 5% find peace in that group or program. The rest find another way or drink. I am sober another way!

T
Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
where the light is

This post is for niceguy, it is not to engage in the little AA debate - thanks

Hi niceguy,

Just wondering if you have tried any recovery programs (sorry if I missed it in an earlier post)? I find my own spiritual beliefs to perfectly complement AA. It's just amazing to have the help of people who know exactly what I am going through, that can guide me. Through AA, I have accepted that I can't change the past, that even though life isn't always fair I have so much to be grateful for, that I do not control everything - I have been able to let it go. I am 5 1/2 months sober. I no longer live in fear (I was a complete mess before I started the AA program). I am so much more focused. I just do my best to do the next right thing and keep working on my sobriety.

It doesn't have to be AA but I strongly believe that someone to guide you who has been there before would really help.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

[QUOTE=niceguy01;1785582]Hey all.. I'm about 60 days sober... staying that way day-by-day

But real scared these days. Everyone says we need to turn the controls over to the Lord and trust in him which I do as best I can... but reality is if I don't take action and do things for myself I'll lose it all.

So how does one do the needful for themself but turn the control over to the Lord? My minister brother says put my faith in the Lord and know he will care for me but take action and do what is right and needful for my well being./QUOTE]

Hey Niceguy. As you can see there are many on both sides of the fence. I personally am a Christian and relied 100% on God to end my addiction to alcohol and place/keep me on the journey of recovery. No AA, groups, doctors or pills. Zip, zilch, nada!! I asked (prayed) for help and I received it. But never in my days on earth will I tell anyone that God alone or AA alone is the only way. He cured me. That is all I know.

But keep this in mind. I told someone in another post that when I'm being thrashed around in the lifeboat and I ask God for help, you can bet your hiney that I have the paddle in my hand and that I'm rowing towards the shore!

Congrats on your almost 60 days sober.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

So a 20 year sober bully is better than a person who is sober and knows that there is more than one way? Okay, cool...
LOL
No a bully with 50 years sober is no better then a person with 100 years of sobriety and full of negativity! LOL
Old 05-30-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Luke 6:39 actually LOL

I'm not an AAer but I recognise that if all is working as it should, a sober alcoholic who's diligently worked the Steps and is committed to recovery, is no longer 'blind'.

I also recognise that yeah - sometimes this doesn't always happen - but that's the human factor isn't it?

As far the the original query here, I can't give a better answer than Jomey's
Faith - and surrender - is a hard thing to grasp, especially when you've had a life full of letdowns, but I no longer live in fear about my sobriety.

D

Very well said Dee! You truly are a demonstration of a caring open minded person.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thinkingabit:

I am sober another way!
Please share with us all the other way!!!! I am sure that the 95% would love to hear your Experience, Stength, and Hope you have to share on "another way".

I am very well aware that there are many programs out there that work, the last thing I would dream of doing is keeping them a secret, I share what happens to have worked for me, please help others here by sharing what has worked for you.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

ng
What I'm scared of is losing everything...

My Girlfriend, My Job, My House, I owe BiG $$$ so my credit ....

I'm working off a DUI so if I lose the Job it will be hard to find another like I have...

I'm trying to find a way to provide value to the company but my cretibility is in question .. some of my own doing someout of my control..

Life had thrown me allot of hard balls and I used them as excuses for my drinking.. 21 years ago I had to turn life support off on my New Born, 18 month ago the same for my wife of 27 years in Honolulu (our last vacation together) My Son and his family moved 900 miles away last year, I had to put my dog of 14 years down around last christmas, I endured 12 years of care for my wife helping her to recover from allot of illness...

No pity party just venting and providing some background as to the complications I am dealing with along with what I think are PAW symtoms.

It's nice to be here seems very safe..
yes ng, it can be real safe here...

soory about all the stuff life dealt you...

simular sistuations for me...

what i did come to see, all that stuff, are really outside issues...

i had to fix the inside stuff, major one... my reaction to it all...

this is life, it aint always gunna go the way we like it, sometimes it seams to never go the way we like it...

all the negative stuff, can really be turned into a positive...

if we take the time, and put the effort into seeing it...

that doesnt happen over night...

as long as were willing to work towards that, slowly, things will get better... not life, just how we live it, and see it, and react to it...

belief, faith, and the hard one...

trust!

good wishes ng

rz
Old 06-02-2008, 03:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

ng, hows it go'n?