SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/150626-day-6-a.html)

flgirl 05-26-2008 07:13 AM

Day 6

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you! I'm on day 6. Never would have believed it, if anybody had tried to tell me that I could do this a week ago. This is the longest I have gone in I can't tell you when! Your support, advice, kindness and prayers have been such wonderful things!! I never would have been able to do this without you. It hasn't been easy, it hasn't always been fun, but I know it's going to save my life :ghug

CarolD 05-26-2008 07:20 AM

:funjump:

Ananda 05-26-2008 07:29 AM

this is so great!!!!!! I hope that for you it is like it was for me, and things get better and better!

I still get a kick out of just being able to walk with a bounce in my step!

Great job!!!!!:bday8

least 05-26-2008 07:34 AM

Just keep telling yourself, as I do, that with the support and love of AA, your friends here, and your Higher Power, you can do this!! Congrats on your six days!!:Dance7:

serenityqueen 05-26-2008 08:07 AM

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...bagelmouse.jpg

God Bless . . . . and Keep it Simple . . . One Day at A Time!

God Bless,
Judy

splendra 05-26-2008 08:55 AM

Great going may those days turn into years! We need you here and you never know how much you help by sharing your experience here. We are all in this together!!

flgirl 05-26-2008 09:25 AM

Thanks guys,

I am on an upswing, again. I just ran out to do errands, and I even drove OVER the speed limit...LOL...no panic, which is way cool!! Kept waiting to see if something would happen, and NOTHING! Actually something did happen...I was FINE. I was even smiling while I drove...goofy, I know :)

:ghug

bigredme 05-26-2008 09:26 AM

and isn't six so much better than 5 lol?

LibertyorDeath 05-26-2008 01:51 PM

I am happy for you! Day 6 rocks! Look at the strength and resolve you have.

I take my hat off to you! Keep fighting the good fight, Friend!

Liberty~

PupMum 05-26-2008 01:53 PM

You are inspiring for me on day 1 (again!). Off to see alcohol counsellor this afternoon.

DSodaNow 05-26-2008 02:17 PM

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Your story of driving over the speed limit made me laugh. I don't what the significance of driving over the speed limit is for you.... But I find that I am speeding again too!!! I was always so worried about being pulled over! It is the small things I am seeing relief and release in these days!

Good Job!:bday8

flgirl 05-26-2008 02:24 PM

Thanks DSoda,

When I first came to the forum, I was having MAJOR panic attacks while driving and it was getting ridiculous! The attacks were what led me to start looking for help. I'm still not too sure how it's gonna be when I go back to work tomorrow, but that's ok...I know I won't have to drink over it!
:ghug3

soberone2003 05-26-2008 03:34 PM

Congrads on your 6 days!! Keep doing the work and they days will keep adding up!!:bounce

Daddio 05-26-2008 08:38 PM

I am so proud of you! And the driving. I remember your post regarding the panic attacks. You may recall me talking about mine while living over in Dallas. Once the brain starts to clear and allows the synapses to fire properly - OMG. You just wait. And people at work won't know what you are up to. HeHeHeH!!!

:ghug3

Honu 05-27-2008 04:21 AM

You have a great day at work today!!

I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Honu

least 05-27-2008 04:24 AM

I"m proud of you for the sober time you're racking up, one day at a time!! This is day Seven, is it not? Keep going, girlfriend!! :ghug3

flgirl 05-27-2008 05:21 AM

Thanks guys,

Today is day 7. Wish me luck :)

Emily2002 05-27-2008 06:46 AM

We hit our "official" FIRST weeks together, flgirl! :)

Today's day 8 for me, and I'm SO looking forward to another one, too. It helped last night to know I'd been successful for more than just a few days this time, if you know what I mean, because I didn't want to ruin it.

I think a "driving" analogy's appropriate here... You're in the driver's seat right now, so make the most of it and ENJOY the ride!!!

:Sportrac:

Tazman53 05-27-2008 08:11 AM

A week is awesome, congrats, are you still making that meeting down the road from you?