Notices

Whiner's Anonymous Part 8

Old 05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
my only whine is that I got 2 half gallons of chocolate extra creamy ice cream and is low FAT what the hell good is that ?????
I'm with ya, frst, maybe salvage it by topping it with gobs and gobs of whipped cream...GOBS!

Low fat should be illegal because it's criminal that they present it as tasting "good". FAT tastes good, low fat tastes LOW.

Gee, I think that was a whine and a half.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

FAT tastes good
I'm with you on that
testify, Sister Ann !!

D
Old 05-28-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
cmc

Amen to that brother Dee. The Queen is correct, especially about the whipped cream, which btw must also be made with real cream and sugar hmmm...please pass me the chocolate syrup and the colorful candy sprinkles.

frstnm....Your Whiner's Anonymous recovery really shines! WTG and you are going to share the low fat ice cream right? I'll even add some marachino cherries for the top okay?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

About twice the whipped cream as this should do it...

Do I hear an AMEN sisters and brothers in fattery????
Old 05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now this is more like it, queen size taste of heaven....

Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Armchair Revolutionary

I feel like a total ass right now. Since I signed up I've been practically spamming this site with questions and the like, and clogging up the chat with self pity and drug stories. Just as I started to realize this for myself someone who I've liked since I got here told me I had been irritating her. After reading a thread she posted I realized that she is going through a very rough moment and she just wanted to chat while I was going on for hours about inane stuff.

it kinda took the wind outta my sails.

I thought that making a whole new thread over something like this would kinda be repeating my previous obnoxious behaviour on here, so i decided this thread was a good place to vent. Sorry if this isn't the type of issue typically discussed here, I just thought this probably counted as whining since there's nothing I can do about it other than stop being annoying lol

now I'm too embarrassed to go on chat. I've already tried apologizing so all i can do now is wish her the best. As much as i hope she doesn't read this (out of embarrassment) it's not stopping me from posting here because I've fallen in love with this website and taken to putting my thoughts right out there.

I get way too worked up with things like this because I'm really insecure about how people feel about me and I hate making bad impressions on people before I get a chance to know them.

The rational part of me says its not a life-ending bombshell she dropped, she's most likely forgotten/not thinking about it, and she has bigger fish to fry in her life. Honestly all it was was basically "yea, I was annoyed at you before, read the new posts and you'll see why". Except after I read it i felt like an as$

I just really want people on here to like me because you all seem so cool.

So, no big deal right? :s I'm just cripplingly insecure.

Sorry for the long post! every time I'm about to hit "reply" i get sidetracked, come back, and add another paragraph lol

Ps- to the person who this is about (if you happen to be reading) please you don't have to pm me or anything, this is about my own social anxieties. in fact you'd probably be able to see my face turn red through the computer screen if you did.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
cmc

Hiya Joe,
I'm glad you like the forum so much! I'm of the codependent variety of recovery. The family members who 'qualify' me for my program are all doing well in their recovery... so that leaves me to take care of my own stuff which is a lifelong deal for me.

One thing I learned in Alanon is that I cannot control what other people do. (what a shocker that was) If you are having issues with any member here, you are free to put them on ignore if you care to.

You are very welcome to post here and I hope you will take a look around at the other forums on SR and find a place where you can also post on the more serious side of recovery. Now...that's not to say that we are not serious about our recovery here...the WA'ers are just having some fun and we all like to whine!

It's nice to meet you!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Armchair Revolutionary

thanks so much cmc. I wouldn't "ignore" her tho, she was anything but nasty to me. After all, i WAS asking her if I was coming across as annoying, but part of me never expected her to actually be personally annoyed at me. Typical insecure personality, droning on and on about how much I stink and then being completely surprised when someone agrees with me lol

Its almost all in my own head I'm afraid
Old 05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would try and not worry about it too much Joe.
Like cmc says, let it be - if you annoy someone - do what you can to fix it and make amends - if they're still annoyed - move on.....

welcome to Whiners
D
Old 05-28-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

OK - I've tried to refrain....but I have to say

Love sucks

thats all folks
Old 05-28-2008, 08:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

seems to be a common whine with you nands
we're not all horrible
:ghug3

D
Old 05-28-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
cmc

D...does this mean you won't charge me more than 5 cents for advice? ;-)

Speaking of advice....here in WA I suppose it's still a good rule of thumb to stick with giving our ESH and not opinions--that is of course unless the opinions are supportive.
That said...Dee, I value your opinions so much that I think I could fork over a whole quid for one! Sheesh...I wonder how much one quid is worth?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

LMAO a quid was always a pound (like an English pound = money) but these days a quid is a dollar

I wouldn't charge for my harebrained opinions LOL but you'd always go gratis cmc even if I did

D
Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
cmc

Ty, D.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
cmc

[WHINE]I just watched a very scary movie and now I can't go to sleep... [/WHINE]
Old 05-28-2008, 10:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sleepless...

Hey least!

Do you like to read?

I always found reading the best thing to make my eyes heavy. My personal favourite reading material is books on spirituality, meditation, the Bible, etc.

Hmmm.....sounds like books that teach me something about me, as well as other things I found I don't know very much about...:chatter
Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just a tiny whiney tonite - headache's gone but my stomach still feels like there a ball of fire in the pit of it.

Other than that, no whines tonite.:ghug2
Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

SIL still here, 2 weeks and 2 days! I so need my space back!!!!!! But I want to!!
Good morning Whiners.
Linda:ghug
Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Work who came up with this idea anyway? It sucks!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

cmc - you crrack me up!!!!! ******{hug}}}

I have to go bacvk to work tonight ... :