SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Whiner's Anonymous Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/150567-whiners-anonymous-part-8-a.html)

scaredykat 05-27-2008 02:08 PM

Welcome to the whiners thread DagHammarskjold.

I'm glad the wedding went well cmc.

My only whine is that I didn't catch any fish yesterday. But it was beautiful yesterday sitting out there in front of the water. Oh, and first time ever fishing in the morning. Imagine that! When I drank i wouldn't get out fishing until at least 4:00 in the afternoon.

least 05-27-2008 03:47 PM

NOt so much of a whine as a lot of screaming and crying. Daughter (the one that's talking to me again) went to the store with me, she on bike, me walking with the dog, and in the store she got a lot more than I'd counted on. Her backpack was too heavy and so was my bag I was carrying. She chastized me in the store several times, in front of other people, and was shushing me loudly and rudely. I wasn't being loud, just wanted to pack the groceries so that the loads were equal and balanced.

I told her to leave me alone and quit shushing me and giving me unwanted and unneeded advice and she just got worse. Came home after walking all the way with the heavy bag and she was taking off her backpack and getting her key out. I held the screen door open with the grocery bag and she screamed at me to not rush in the door ahead of her. I wasn't, I was only holding the door open for her.

She's got a real attitude these days like she knows it all and has no qualms about being rude and hateful. I have so little self esteem these days it doesn't take much to blow it away. I would have been happy enough to go by myself to just get a few things, but thought it would be helpful to take her along when she asked to go. Next time I won't ask, or tell her where I'm going.

I don't need her crap, I've got enough of my own.:a043::c004::bigcry

Sorry to seem so serious, but it's better to let it out here than to pick up a drink, right?

Dee74 05-27-2008 04:07 PM

nothing wrong with being serious :)
kids, hey? :a043:

I find it's good to try not and let other people own you with their moods - she sounds a more than a little unreasonable...

D

cmc 05-27-2008 04:45 PM

((least)))WHINER'S ALERT!!!

Sorry to seem so serious, but it's better to let it out here than to pick up a drink, right?
My goodness...that's some of the best WA recovery!! Good for you! :hug:
btw- don't forget that in the WA thread no apologies are needed here for whining about something like your daughter's rude behavior.
I'm glad you're not allowing what she did to get in your way.
WTG. (that stands for Way To Go & also Whine To Go)

soulsearcher67 05-27-2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 1783759)
Having a depressing day and can't exactly say why, it just is. Headache that went away overnite came back this afternoon. Just feel 'down' and out. Had a craving or two but told myself "no!" and re-read my list of things I hate about drinking and the resulting devastation and feeling like dirt that alcohol always brings.

Happy with myself for not giving in to the cravings but just wish I'd feel 'better'. Don't want to do anything, don't want to go anywhere, want to do something, want to go somewhere...

Sick of myself, but I'm still sober. Midnight will be day twelve, don't want to start all over so will walk the dogs and go to sleep. Watch old Star Trek tapes. Will do anything or nothing - but I will not drink!!

Thanks for putting up with my whines!:ghug2

Hi least!

I was just wondering; "Do you attend meetings?"

I found for myself, and even though this may be kind of morbid, that listening to other people whine would quite often make my own s**t not seem so bad in comparison.

:ghug3

soulsearcher67 05-27-2008 04:52 PM

Hi PupMum!

"On a positive note, I could not open wine even if I had any! Whine more productive"

Now, that's the spirit!

scaredykat 05-27-2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 1784919)

I agree with the others. That's what we're here for. :ghug2

least 05-27-2008 11:25 PM

I'm such a whiner... I HATE P.A.W.S and its stupid sleep disturbances!!!!!!!!! All I want to do is sleeeeeeeep!!! All nite! But instead here I sit, eating salted peanuts and whining like a cranky little baby... a baby who's long overdue for her nighttime nap!!:c004:

Dee74 05-28-2008 01:30 AM

hope you got some rest in the end...and try eating something else than salty peanuts maybe ?

raw peanuts - any legumes really - are allegedly good snooze foods - the salt tho I'm not so sure about - those suckers tend to be pretty well seasoned - and any seasonings are probably best avoided IMO

D - not a Dr but an insomniac

here's a cool article I found
FOODS FOR SLEEP

least 05-28-2008 07:24 AM

No Dee, I was not able to get even one hour of sleep last nite. I was stressed out and stress often makes me itchy, literally. So I couldn't relax enough to sleep cause of feeling so 'prickly' all over. Then had coffee but forgot to eat first, so the coffee acid is eating a hole in my stomach right now.

I ought to be able to sleep tonite if for no other reason than sheer exhaustion.:a043:

least 05-28-2008 11:28 AM

this has been a really crappy day and it's not getting any better.:skillet:c004::skillet

parentrecovers 05-28-2008 12:11 PM

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...funny-lady.gif

keep whining!

Dee74 05-28-2008 01:12 PM

I hate the itchy thing L. :hug:
but yeah at least you usually crash the night after :)

Dr Dee says watch the coffee intake too LOL

(I feel like I should do a Lucy from 'Peanuts' and set up a booth...:lmao:)

D

stone 05-28-2008 01:15 PM

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pic25916_1.gif

Dee74 05-28-2008 01:16 PM

:lmao

I knew someone would do it..thanks Stoney :)

D

stone 05-28-2008 01:17 PM

I had it handy. :)

cmc 05-28-2008 01:32 PM

5 cents?

Dee74 05-28-2008 01:48 PM

LOL. She had a beagle for a patient, cmc...come on :)

D

frstnm 05-28-2008 05:36 PM

my only whine is that I got 2 half gallons of chocolate extra creamy ice cream and is low FAT what the hell good is that ?????

Rusty Zipper 05-28-2008 05:43 PM

Dr Aunt Dee

Dr Dee says watch the coffee intake too
no fool'n, combined with cigs ta-boot!

its the manic from the coffee, and the depressant of the cigs! yikes!

a cocktail made for whine'n!