Notices

Today

Old 05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I wanted to say that it is 11:02 pm and I've made it. Thank you to each and every one of you who helped me tonight. I'ts meant the world to me! Good night and see you tomorrow.:ghug3
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Starting to wake up here. I'm still feeling pretty good. It's still odd to me to wake up without an aching head and body and feeling like death warmed over. After I signed off here last night, I actually went to bed and was able to sleep, again. I still don't want to drink. I got up and came straight to the puter, again, and to the forum. Gonna spend some time here, again, because it worked so well last night
Old 05-23-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job flgirl!! Keep up the good work. Whatever it takes.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know what you mean about having energy and ambition again. Sobriety is great! I just cleaned my filthy basement for the first time since last summer. All I've got to do now is put some spring water and a couple cups down there. I try to keep it clean and with water to drink cause we often have tornado warnings this time of year where I live and I don't want to have to take shelter in a pig sty.

So now it's finally clean! Isn't the energy and clear-headedness wonderful!!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Horselover. I'm trying
Old 05-23-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Least,

I'm trying to decide what I should tackle first...LOL...The yard, the house, or the car
Old 05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Ahh, your post brought tears to my eyes. I have to admit, as I was reading I was saying Prayers that you weren't going to be posting and then . . . nothing.

The pride you have only intensifies each day as you go along.

Not to burst your bubble, Hon, just remember you are going to have days where it will be tough. I'm not going to lie to you. That's why it's so very important to build up a support system in your area. Yes, SR is an awesome support system, but you will also need people to call when you get to feeling, what I called, squirrely. Get to some meetings like you mentioned. I can pretty much guarantee that if you tell one woman that this is your first meeting and you need some phone numbers, before you know it, you're going to have so many numbers to hang on to as a lifeline.

What you were describing throughout your posts last night was a beautiful example of what Recovery is all about. Just enjoying life! Being able to wake up and not feel like crap, wondering what you may have done, hitting the redial on the phone to hope you don't see any phone numbers pop up that you don't remember calling, getting to work on time with a smile instead of being green and grumpy. . . . .

God Bless and Keep Sharing, I loved reading about your night. I only wish I could have read it in real time and shared the joy as it was happening.

Hugs and Smiles,
Judy