Notices

3 days and a bit freaked out but sober

Old 05-19-2008, 02:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

3 days and a bit freaked out but sober

I have been trying to solve chicken and egg thing re depression and alcohol for years. Had always thought alcohol was the symptom...but depression pretty much gone after making some life changes and on minimal medication for it. Now think (hope) I have strength to deal with alcohol (or more accurately, sobriety.)

Someone pointed me to detox stuff on here and I started freaking out...I had bad shakes when woke up on day 1 (after 3 days of drinking without food)but otherwise fine. A few things which I think helped me. Don't laugh too hard but I started a liver detox diet with lots of good food and supplements 6 weeks ago...well, liver detox diet except for the no alcohol bit!!!! I am also pretty fit and otherwise healthy. But I suspect that I may have started stopping just in time. (And that is really scary but in a good way!)

Brain about to explode on ride home from work today...It was Monday night, done a full-on day at work, deserved a drink, wanted one...made myself bike an extra few kms until legs about to explode and forgot brain. Took ecstatic dogs out for walk. Then cooked and cooked. (Happy pups munching on homemade dog biscuits while I had yummy bean soup). Legs tired but all of me sober so all is good.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Excellent progress ...
Keep posting and keep in focus.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

glad you came and posted, pupmom! lots of nice folks here who understand, so keep reaching out! hugs, k
Old 05-19-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

That is awesome pupmom, and I don't think anyone will laugh about the diet deal.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Thanks all.

It is rubbish (tr= garbage?) day today and I have one seriously heavy recycling bin to put out. (Have always been very environmentally friendly drunk...even when hiding drinking levels, would take to recycling depot instead of putting out for weekly collection!). Will need to start doing weights to make up for lack of bin-lifting!

Need to go to supermarket today (where temptation lives in many chilled bottles!) but decided to go at lunchtime and also buy myself yummy winter dressing gown or something similar at mall as well and book haircut. Last night calculated my anticipated savings and I can shop my little sober heart out.

Tonight is probably biggest challenge so far...

Couple of dogs waiting for exercise so better get moving.
Thanks again
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Awesome PupMum! Keep posting and moving forward! It will get easier!

Mmmm lucky dogs! I love making homemade biscuits for my furry ones
Old 05-19-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

recycling

Yeah, I take my bottles to the recycling center for the same reason. Wow...the things we do for "love".
Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pupmum

good to see another Kiwi here...you're nearly as good as us Aussies LOL.

D
Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Music Lover

i'm not a kiwi but I love Flight of the Conchords

have fun shopping! get lots of chocolate
Old 05-19-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I always said that if no one else knew how much I drank....the garbage men did and they also must have known when I quit too.

Such a life...hide the bottles from car to house from kid in the house and on to the garbage can....!! Used a coffee cup to drink out of....cannot fool an eleven year old with that but thought I did.

kelsh :sorry
Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah...love the mating call every Thursday morning here in my town....First...if yer real quiet...you'll hear this ROAR!!!! A big truck swoops through the quiet neighborhood...then...clink clank clink...you can actually HEAR the drunks before they even get up!!!
Hope yer still doing well....hang in there...it's a process...just like life itself....