Notices

Moving for Recovery

Old 05-16-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving for Recovery

I am going move from the OC. I like AA but I need SMART Recovery to seal my recovery. I going to have to request a transfer from OC to SD . In SD, I have plenty of non 12-step group meetings and AA meetings to get the solid hybrid recovery that I want.

In the OC, I just to contiune to bleed myself to drinking. I live at home and drink and drink. I need to get out of here and be my own and learn to lean on my support groups for my recovery.

When I live in a San Diego, I will lean much more my SMART Recovery and AA fellowships than in the OC. I have a significant amount of people that I know down there but they know the reason for the move is for recovery purposes only. They abuse drugs and alcohol but they will put huge support and encouragement into this recovery.

In the OC life is easy and I can just abuse because my parents want to ignore the problem and do not want to force me to do the real hard solutions to make sober. No, life should be hard so I learn to lean on my support groups and be sober

My parents think that if I live on my own, I will just drink and drink. No, living on your own without no support will make you lean on your support group, rely on your sponsor, and know that you cannot do this recovery on your own. That is why I move away. To learn how to rely on support and not be independent of my support groups. That is leads to real recovery instead of justing be lazy, relying on your parents to take care of you, and you just get drunk of all of the time.

Thinking like that will cost me my job. No, No, No. I need to get out of here, be sober, and learn to lean on my support groups for a major long-term recovery.

What you are thougrs

Last edited by crisco; 05-16-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-17-2008, 02:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wishing you all the best as you find your way into sobriety.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sounds like a solid plan. good luck, and enjoy your new scenery! k
Old 05-17-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I wish you all the very best in finding your path to recovery.