Notices

Got this from a friend this morning

Old 05-15-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Got this from a friend this morning

I found it moving and a real eye opener. I printed it off so I can read it often.

I am Your Disease

I hate meetings. I hate higher power. I hate anyone who has a program. To all who come in contact with me, I wish you death and I wish you suffering. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the disese of addicition. cunning, baffling and powerful, thats me. I have killed millions and I am pleased. I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort ,have I not? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call me? I was there. I love to make you hurt. I love to make you cry. I love it when I make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry. You can't feel anything at all. This is true glory. I will give you instant gratification and all I ask of you is long term suffering. I've been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me. Deep inside, you didn't feel you deserved these good things; I was the only one who would agree with you. Together we were able to destroy all good things in your life. People don't take me seriously. They take strokes, heart attacks serious, even diabetes ,they take seriously, Fools that they are.
I am such a hated disease and yet I do not come uninvited. You choose me. So you have chosen me over reality and peace. More that you hate me, I hate all of you who have your twelve step programs, Your program, your meetings, your higher power all weaken me and I cannot function in the manner I am accustomed. Now I must lie quietly. You don't see me, but I am growing bigger than ever. When you only exist, I may live. When you live, I only exist. But I am here...and until we meet again...IF we meet again, I wish you death and suffering.

Don't you miss me?

Your Disease
Old 05-15-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

this is so true
Old 05-15-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Thanks Katecan, this stood out to me:

When you only exist, I may live. When you live, I only exist.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. That's really big.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
My disease can go back to the Hell it came from. I have a Higher Power, a program of recovery, and God's plan to fulfill, so I don't have time for my disease anymore!

Thanks for posting this Katecan!