SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Had 3 O'Douls This weekend (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/149794-had-3-odouls-weekend.html)

Wizard 05-12-2008 12:20 PM

Had 3 O'Douls This weekend

But that was it. Went to a wedding, didn't drink anything!!!

Had 1 O'douls Saturday and 2 on Sunday. I will let myself have maybe a couple on the weekends.

Anyways, that still counts as being sober right?

If so, today is my 9th day sober!!! :Dance7:

Wizard 05-12-2008 12:26 PM

Yes, that still counts. I took Nyquil on Saturday night, which is much worse than O'Douls. I don't even consider O'Douls a bad thing at all.
YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could just hug you right now!!! :ghug3

I was a little nervous!

Well, then, it's official, I made it to day 9!!!

gypsytears 05-12-2008 12:45 PM

It still counts in my eyes. There are some that may say otherwise though. Congratulations on getting through the weekend/wedding :).

Anna 05-12-2008 12:54 PM

As far as I know, ODoul's has alcohol in it.

Rella927 05-12-2008 12:58 PM

You may want to check this thread out....
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-o-douls.html

stone 05-12-2008 01:03 PM

Why have an O'Douls?

NoelleR 05-12-2008 01:18 PM

Hey Wizard ---

You're probably going to find that the majority here will tell you that de-alcoholized beers (and wines) have alcohol in them and therefore a 'no-no.'

Being as I'm never (well hardly ever) a member of any majority (in fact, I usually think.....: just because a majority says something doesn't necessarily make it so; it could be that all the fools are on the same side......lol), for the past 21/22 years of my sobriety/recovery (22 years next month), I have had the occasional de-alcoholized beer.....no problems (ie, leading to a full-fledged relapse, etc.).....I have other recovered friends who also have the occasional de-alcoholized beed, and I have some friends who don't.....One might ask, how occasional.....? Well, when I moved into my new apartment last October, I bought two 6-packs for my new frig -- st paulie and kaliber, and as of today there are still 12 left.....guess I haven't had an occasion yet..... (o:

The main thing, for me anyway, is stamped on the annual medallions.....: To Thine Own Self Be True.....!

NoelleR

P.S. .....my only statement to you would be (tongue in cheek, that is)..... O'Douls.....? Yuck....tastes like I might imagine warm ^%$ might taste.....for me it's imports or nothin..... (o:

Wizard 05-12-2008 01:21 PM

Why have an O'Douls?
I just like the taste.

hbb 05-12-2008 01:22 PM

O'douls kept my exAbf in the bar daily, with the same drinking friends and with the same active drinking mindset. I would say it's not worth it but that's just my opinion.

warrens 05-12-2008 01:38 PM

Just a "be careful" from me-

I too, love the taste of beer. Of good beer.

But this time, I am steering clear of NA beer. I thought about it.

Beer is like an old lover that I still grieve. Drinking ODoul's is like having her picture on the wall, her lingerie handing in the closet, her perfume in my pillow. But then, I'm only at 90 days. I know plenty of A's with multiple years that drink it, I'm just not ready.

Hope it works for you. And as your sobriety is for you, so is your sobriety date. It should matter not what I think.

Good Luck!

warren

Wizard 05-12-2008 01:43 PM

Thanks!

The thing is, I had an O'douls and then went to the wedding on sat. It was not a problem for me at all to stay away from alcohol at the reception.

I would have to say that it depends on each individual person. Its probably bad for most people, but maybe not for everyone.

I simply liked the taste. It wasn't a huge deal.

stone 05-12-2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wizard (Post 1768965)
Thanks!

The thing is, I had an O'douls and then went to the wedding on sat. It was not a problem for me at all to stay away from alcohol at the reception.

I would have to say that it depends on each individual person. Its probably bad for most people, but maybe not for everyone.

I simply liked the taste. It wasn't a huge deal.

I 'like' the taste of vodka. I aint gonna drink something that tastes like vodka unless I am gonna get drunk.
Cos it's gonna remind me of vodka.

Katecan 05-12-2008 01:47 PM

I know one drink that I really love the taste of and would be scared to have it as well right now, a virgin caesar. It's like a bloody mary. I love the salt rim, celery and the juice. Maybe some day down the road. :(

stone 05-12-2008 01:58 PM

Its like sex without an orgasm.

Katecan 05-12-2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by stone (Post 1768974)
Its like sex without an orgasm.

Now that's something I will never forget. lol

LosingmyMisery 05-12-2008 03:09 PM

I think it is about motives behind the drink and what it may trigger. It is best to err on the side of caution. IMO.

nogard 05-12-2008 03:22 PM

why play with fire? Whats wrong with water or Juice or other drinks.

Isn't recovery about changing rather than continuing with old behaviours?

NoelleR happy to be with the majority and perhaps we are not fools!

Kevin