Notices

Summer UK sun alert!

Old 05-12-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Summer UK sun alert!

Hi All,
Now this post may not apply to alot of people yet, but everyone will be able to relate to it. This last weekend was in the UK the first real sunny weekend we have had this year with temperatures up into the late 20's.(good for the UK so early in the year).

Now I stopped drinking last November and with alot of will power I haven't touched a drop since. There have been alot of situations along the way that I have wanted to drink, but I have been good.

However, now the sun is out it opens up old wounds of drinking in beer gardens. I see everyone sat around drinking and relaxing. It seems to me a completely different urge and craving now that the weather is good! I'll admit that I am struggleing. Does anyone else find that they feel this way now that it is great weather?

Kind regards
:ghug3
Old 05-12-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

am i ever!
Ive not got as many sober days as you but am now clocking up 45 days.
I did alot of my previous drinking in the sunshine outside, but then i did it when it rained, when it snowed, or when the cat threw up on the carpet....
I spent a very long weekend in the beautiful weather here in the uk and found out theres loads more i can do outdoors when its nice other than drink, i never knew i was so appalling at football.............
The only thing im going to have to do is substitute the large amounts of hot chocolate ive been drinking since quitting, doesnt go down too well in this weather!!
Hardest thing is going away camping and watching everyone else drink, even though i know that im not like them, and i cant drink like them, it doesnt stop me craving a cold one when its like this outside
Old 05-12-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not an alcoholic but during the summer I always end up abusing alcohol slightly.
As soon as it got warm my thoughts drifted back to last summer when I'd get through at least a bottle of wine during the day time.
I'm not going to do it this year, however. I have other things to deal with that don't need complicating with alcohol.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know what you both mean, just got to keep busy. Just wish there was more of an alternative to coke or orange?