Notices

Mother's Day Bites!

Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Red face Making UP...

Well...threw the roses out the door...pizzed as usual...then went to my mother's & dads....my brother and his wife were all over there with their two kidz and my husband and I sat around learing at each other....
Yeah...kinda tense....but there was homemade sausages and onions with those sweet peppers...and the meatballs and pasta filled everyone's bellys.
Went home and my man and I "talked"...well...it didn't start out that way. He was mostly upset that I threw the flowers all over the driveway....and he swept 'em up cursing the price of roses on Mother's Day.
So...we have a son with some big differences...and two little goils raised Joisey style. Yeah...we fight about the things we can't change...but in the end...it is Mother's Day...and my husband is loading up the 2 year old...the 4 year old and the 5 year old .....into the big old hoopty of a Suburban (260,000 miles on her and going strong) and gonna git some frozen custard at the ice cream stand...and me....well... the bath water isn't getting any colder on my watch....
So...thank you all...all ya'll mommi's and daddys....it does take a village.
Happy SOBER/CLEAN Day!
PEACE BE WIT CHA!
The Bitz
Old 05-11-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Red face

Originally Posted by lilbit View Post
I do find comfort in the others that are having this kinda Mother's Day....I thought it was just me...alone again...
Naaaa lilbit you are not alone Girl I know the feeling
of been around your peeps and feeling alone,neglect,&
unappreciated But holding just for the Family

It's no mothers Day here for me it's no mothers Day
with out your son and been abandoned by my biological
Mom she is in the other side of the world so is been 29 years
I don't see her she does call me on a regular basics
I guess her conscious is kicking in after drinking her life
away and giving me up to my fathers Moms

so Yeah is no mothers Day here Just a regular Day in the
Hood But if no one has toll you Happy Mom's Day let
me be the first one to say it "Happy Mothers Day"

Old 05-11-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Whew boy! I've been feeling it also - in the week leading up to today and last night especially and then here I am, disappointed as usual.

I have tried to say what I need. I really have. Today is my wedding anniversary also. I always want flowers for my wedding anniversary. And I told my husband I needed a date night (dinner and a movie) which we haven't had in 3 months. I told the kids I needed a homemade card from each of them. I've tried really hard to educate my husband about buying me flowers - no carnations please and don't run out at the last minute and get whatever the supermarket has on sale.

But in the end, it's last minute, cheap flowers. Last minute, rushed through penciled cards from my older boys (11 & 15). Nice sweet cards from my younger boys (4 & 7). And my husband insisting I get up early to go to church with them which I hate. I love God but I hate church. But he wants a blessing for our anniversary. So I do it. Because I love him. Don't have time for breakfast. Rush out the door trying to look nice and like I belong in church. (I don't.) I feel like a leper there the whole time. My husband makes a joke for the whole congregation during our blessing about how it seems we've been married for much longer than we have been. OK - whatever. He's a funny guy.

After, I want to go right home - I need food. He says the kids get to play outside first. So I wait, and do what he wants. Because I love him. Get home finally. I'm starved. It's noon and I haven't eaten. He says he needs to work and can I make the kids lunch? I do. He asks for me to make him lunch. I do. Finally, I eat too. I look around my house and it's a mess. Feel embarrased about the babysitter (my husband's cousin) seeing it. So I clean and do laundry. And clean.

My husband goes across the street to practice with his band. I'm still cleaning. And finally I am seething and angry and trying to stop myself from feeling sorry for myself. So I come here and read Lilbit's post and .... laugh out loud. Twice!!

So, you never know, Lilbit, what kind of good you're doing. You gave me my needed attitude adjustment.

Happy Mother's Day. I'm going to try to have fun on my date and enjoy a good restaurant meal that I didn't cook. And I'm not even going to count my calories. So there. And instead of numbing myself all up with lots of chardonnay, I'm going to have to find a way to have fun sober. Even if the small demon inside of me wants to ruin it all. So, kudos to me and may my interior demon rot in heck.

Love, MLE
Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'd THANK YOU twice...but the button only works fer one....so THANK YOU...MLE!!! It ain't easy being a mommy....I hugged MY mom and told her..."Thank you for not killing me!"
Happy Mother's DAY!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

And Butterfly 7...I'll be yer dysfunkshunal mom today....Thank you! You ROCK...and ROLL!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
i am grateful to have had the loving mother i have, but don't feel happy about this day. i'm trying to forgive myself for what i've done wrong to my kids and finding it hard, to say the least. maybe next year.

I'm not a mother, but I am a father. Fathers day used to be the day I looked forward to so my family would do what I wanted, no questions asked. Now fathers day has less to do with receiving something from my children and more to do with reflecting on my Father's life. All he did for me and all I did TO him. How, through it all he loved me, how great a man he is. I find peace in that place.

Happy Mothers day least

and God's Peace to you
Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Unhappy Funny Thing About CHURCH...

Reminded me of a story...real life one.
I went to Sunday Mass with my whole family. I got this big old hat on and a spring dress...been a lil while since I had the time or energy to get back thru THOSE doors....so...I had this new hat and wanted to show it off.
So, my huzband...my three kids...all under the age of four....went into the Church. I SWEAR TO GOD! The priest actually stopped what he was saying and said...."Mz. Good....we haven't seen you in a while....welcome back."
Just then my two kids punched each other...my huzband smacked the back of one of the kidz head...and the baby just screamed bloody murder.
Did we leave? Hell no...I wore MY HAT! We all piled into this lil back room and started yelling at each other. LOUD! REAL LOUD! Swearing and cursing and acting a fool.
I punched the door open...just as every one was leaving and told my huzband to go funk himself. Guess who's the first one out of THIS mass...yup. The Rev himself.
Then my huzband grabbed my hat...smashed it to the floor and pushed passed me.
The baby, still screaming her head off...the two toddlers smacking each other...and my huzband waveing his hands around in the air calling me satan.
Once I shut my mouth...the Father just smiled and said...."Well...I guess we'll be seeing you in about six more months then."
SWEAR TO GOD!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm not looking for anyone to DO for me today. I AM greatful that I'm going out to dinner tonight, as I have taken my energy from drinking lately and turned into a pretty good cook, but it takes alot of time and I make HUGE messes that I then have to clean, so going OUT is really awesome for me. But, in the past, I might have felt bitter about having to DO anything (like pick up after someone or do laundry, etc.) but today I find that I am mostly grateful to be sober and my gift to me is that I'm tuned back into life. I can't undo the past, and what others want to DO with that, is no longer in my hands, but I am SO grateful to be a tuned in Mom this year, and that I still have my family here and a wonderful home. I am really grateful that somehow God has helped me SEE that I am an alcoholic and that my only real option is to drink and get worse, or not and get healthy. I thank God that I have turned in the right direction for the first time in my life.

I hope everyone takes what they need today and has peace and some sort of happiness, of any degree. It's not always easy, I know.

Peace out,
Karen
Old 05-11-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I wore MY HAT! We all piled into this lil back room and started yelling at each other. LOUD! REAL LOUD! Swearing and cursing and acting a fool.
I punched the door open...just as every one was leaving and told my huzband to go funk himself. Guess who's the first one out of THIS mass...yup. The Rev himself.
Then my huzband grabbed my hat...smashed it to the floor and pushed passed me.
The baby, still screaming her head off...the two toddlers smacking each other...and my huzband waveing his hands around in the air calling me satan.
Once I shut my mouth...the Father just smiled and said...."Well...I guess we'll be seeing you in about six more months then."
SWEAR TO GOD!

I was really looking for a "smiley" whose jaw is on the floor, but imagine I found one and insert it here: ___________

I guess going to church alone today was a good idea for me!

What a day, lilbit.
Karen
Old 05-11-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Wow! I almost feel guilty for having a wonderful Mother's Day. I went to my daughter's house (where my mother lives, also) and they grilled fajitas out on the grill. We had a wonderful time together and I played with my 6 month old grandson and my 7 year old grandson made me a lovely card.

I'm just so sorry that all mothers aren't this happy today.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh...it's okay. I'm fine. Just another day in this crazy world...and me complaining about allot of nothing...in the end we all made up and I got my hot bath...and a HUGE STOMACH BUSTIN HOT FUDGE SUNDAY!!!!
Damn...it feels good to be SOBER and CLEAN!!!
Could have been WAYYYY worse....but I chose to not drink...and I'm all the richer this evening...THANK YOU...AND HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

well.....i went camping with my 78year old mom and my brother & his wife for MD for my mother as she loves to camp. It was crazy, ended up in a hotel, so busy that lots of things I need to do aren't done, and I have to go do something ecky i don't want to do next weekend to "support" my sponsor.

YUCK

My son is 29 and lives at home with me. He didn't even say happy mothers day, just like he hasn't for years and years and years.....etc.

However, I don't really mind him not saying that cause since i got out of treatment last july our relationship is so very good that it isn't realy that big a deal except when i read this thread

Some times it's all about me, and sometimes it isn't....but it never fits in to a scheduled day
Old 05-11-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Talking

And Butterfly 7...I'll be yer dysfunkshunal mom today....Thank you! You ROCK...and ROLL!!!!
I could relate to you I really could I grew up in the Hood
of the South Bronx,and Brooklyn,and every were the
Night took me I've been through it all shoot outs&Fit's fights
ruff life of a Hustler Baby It's O.K I'm a Souls Surviver
I didn't drink out of the Great "Don Pernion"or the
Great popond, Naaaaa Nat me It was the Big 40"s &throw
up the L'ssss (Blunts)
If you know what I mean, and some fried chicken to calm
the hunger nights, and when there was no chicken
It was fried eggs with French fries:rof

U for offering me to B my Mom's
Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Happiness is a state of mind.

I took my mom out for dinner last week for mother's day and put up a new mail box for her instead of flowers.
I know, I'll miss my mom after she's gone.

As far as your post, I'm not quite sure, how to respond.

I've had to learn getting sober, to accept people for who they are, warts and all. I can't change anyone only myself.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

I really miss my mom today.

I decided to contact my sister today for the first time since before I went to jail last June. I was surprised find out how much she missed me. I thought she was mad at me.

She really misses mom too. We haven't talked all that much since she suddenly passed away a little under two years ago. Until today I didn't understand how much my big sister needed or loved me.

I know Mothers Day isn't about men or their sisters but I will never forget this one.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'd THANK YOU twice...but the button only works fer one....so THANK YOU...MLE!!! It ain't easy being a mommy....I hugged MY mom and told her..."Thank you for not killing me!"
Happy Mother's DAY!
I thought I was the only person who thanked there mother for not killing me.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yesterday was the first Mother's Day in 33 years that I have not seen my momma. I called her yesterday and she sounded sad, apparently my little brother was not going to make it over to take her to dinner and I'm 600 miles away. I sure do miss her. Mother's Day is weird for people who don't have kids. I did get a very sweet card from my husband who signed all the dog's names to it. And he took me to the zoo and out for a nice dinner. I realized last night how sweet it was of him to do all that for me when I'm not even technically a "mom". Felt blessed yesterday, but I still miss my momma.

Lilbit, not to make light of your situation but I couldn't help but laugh about the church story, hope you don't mind.

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Nahhh...I meant fer you to laugh...how the hell do you think I get through this kinda stuff anyhows...laff on...laff on...plenty more where that came from....I'd rather make you smile today...all day...just for today...ONE DAY AT A TIME!
LOVE YA!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Lilbit-Good, because I do understand and respect the seriousness of what you're saying, but you have a way of creating a scene with words that just cracks me up. And I thank you for that.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

My sponsor told me that she suspected that Mother's day was invented by liquor companies to get all the alcoholic business back that swore off for new years.