Notices

Why I do waste my time drinking

Old 05-10-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why I do waste my time drinking

I cannot figure that out and that is why I am forced to get a supervisory psychologist to manage my recovery for a year. Instead of going to rehab, I have a psychologist supervise the recovery that I see weekly for a year. Rehab lasts 28 days. A supervisory psychologist last for a year. A year compare 28 days. I take the year.

Better return on my damn money.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Crisco,

We waste our time drinking because we like the way it makes us feel. Pretty simple, really. I know that I was trying to numb myself to the realities of my life when I began drinking. And then I did it again and again. And it became a dependency. ANd I kept doing it. And it became an addiction. And I lost my true self at that moment.

But it all started because I simply liked the way it made me feel. Now I have to undo all that hard work I did to push myself into hiding. It's scary. But I'm going to do it. And I am no longer going to be that person who wastes my life drinking.

You can do it. I'm glad you're still here.

- MLE
Old 05-11-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes Mle - it is such a waste isnt it. The lost time. The blackouts. Such a waste. Life is too short as it is without wasting it on alcohol
Old 05-11-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And the ONLY thing worse than the time we wasted drinking is to waste MORE time drinking!

I'll drink to that! (water, or iced tea, of course!)

It's amazing...baseball and football are the sports I most enjoy watching, but either game lasts 3 hours (give or take). Amazing how I managed to make either into a 12 hour drinking event!!! Time, money, brain cells....ugh.

I'm just grateful now for any time I get as a sober member of the real world!

Karen