Notices

Nearly drank today

Old 05-17-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm gonna copy Dee who copied Barb and up the ante to three cents and say that maybe - just maybe you might try going to more meetings than three? How about *gasp* five? I love you, Paul. You're a dear friend who lives half a world away and if I could I would drive you myself. But I can't. So I'll risk your scorn and anger and say get your ass to more meetings! I know your ear and head hurt and I'm so sorry for that but you can still go to a meeting with a headache. Maybe distracting yourself might help a bit - I just don't know, Paul.
You know me - I can be a lazy ass who lies in bed and skips meetings - and you've seen what happens when I do. Don't copy me and be a lazy ass. Copy Des or Dave and follow them around to all the local meetings. Your experience will one day benefit others - I promise you this.
Okay lecture over.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by stone View Post
A minimum of 3 a week suits me fine Barb, it's what I did last time. If I feel the need for more, I will do more.
Hi Paul,

When what we are doing don't work then its time to try other things. There is a reason that 90 in 90 is suggested, its not just to torture us. It instills good positive habits, lets us experience the message of recovery and may well be the firts time in a long while that we have done something so wonderul for ourselves. We need to suspend our cynical old diseased selfs and just do this. For me it opened up a whole new world. I came into NA 'knowing everything' and now realise how little I know and how exciting it is to be on a journey of discovery.

As they say on those running shoes ads, 'just do it'

Kevin
Old 05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

we can't all be wrong, can we ?
give it some thought.

you know it makes sense.

D
Old 05-17-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

my three cents...
Old 05-17-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just my ESH - I have 3 "committed meetings a week", but I usually end up going to 5 plus a coffee group BB study.

3 meetings is better than none.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

People have pointed out that AA worked for me last time,it did work, and that's what I was doing, a minimum of 3 a week.

Also, I said minimum of 3 a week, not maximum of 3 a week.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
It sure feels good to wake up this morning not having drank yesterday! :bounce

Thanks for all you comments everyone.
I second that. I had 10 days, and slipped last night...had a couple of beers. This sort of thing used to not bother me, but this morning I woke up feeling bloated and disgusted with my body. During my 10 days sober I felt so much healthier physically.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Honu View Post
Isn't that just the most weirdest thing! I hated the idea of being an alcoholic, so I drank to "erase" the thought......Insane!
Mmhmm...I drank yesterday, after 10 days of sobriety. I had actually walked a mile to get to a meeting (I don't have a car), and wasn't feeling it when I got there...convinced myself I "didn't have a problem" and just wanted to "drink normally." I wasn't even going to go out at night (which may not have been the best decision either, since I was isolating myself too much), but I ended up at the pub. I didn't go overboard with the drinking, but I don't think it was worth it either. I sometimes think that I spend more time recovering from hangovers and bargaining, and getting back up on my feet after drinking yet again, than I do actually drinking. Argh.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi Muse, I was spending more time recovering from drinking than actually drinking too...its such a waste of time. Welcome to SR by the way.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I have written my doctor a letter explaining that I do not think he is taking my head pain seriously enough.
If after reading the letter he still does not take me seriously I am findng another Doctor.
I may have to pay to see one privately as a lot of NHS Doctors just see patients as a nuisance, taking up their time.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you need not to do it your way for a bit.
That is why I have gone back to AA.

Originally Posted by Nogard
When what we are doing don't work then its time to try other things.
That is why I have gone back to AA.

Originally Posted by Rowan
you can still go to a meeting with a headache.
You wouldnt say that if you knew how bad the pain was.

Really, I would have hoped you would all have been pleased for me that I had gone back to AA, I have been fighting going back for nearly 6 months and now I have admitted I cannot do it alone.

How about just being pleased for me and leaving it at that?

Did AA work for me last time?

Yes.

How many meetings was I doing last time?

About 3.

How many meetings do I intend to do this time?

A minimum of 3.

I hope we can leave it there now.

I know you are all urging me to do more meetings out of concern for me but it is misplaced.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thread is closed by request.

Thanks Everyone for sharing with your experiences....