Notices

For Those With Less than 2 weeks Sober Part 3

Old 05-14-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Nearly through day 6, your right ROFL most of the physical symptons are about gone now, got my appetite back, sleeping a bit better.

Thing now is to keep my head well, remember how ill I felt so I never have to feel like that again. Funny thing is tonight Rangers are in the UEFA cup final ( although I'm not a Rangers fan its quite a big achievment for a Scottish club ) and everyone at work was talking about what pub they're watching it in or how drunk they are planning to get win or lose. Funnily I'm feeling quite content, kids are in bed, watching the game at home on TV safe in the knowledge that although tomorrow is one of the days it will be acceptable to be hung over as half the country could be, I should be feeling fine. Might push the boat out and have a cup of tea at half time !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone, hopefully check in tomorrow
Old 05-14-2008, 11:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Glad to see all the good news here. Looks like I'm through day 10... Yep ROFL, let's graduate. And then come back and offer encouragement at our alma mater!... Good night everyone. Keep up the great work!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Fizzy - Sorry 'bout the Ranger's loss Hope you made it through the game safely (soberly)!

Hello to all and lots of love!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

re-checking in here. I'm starting day 2, again. I got through the sick day, now last night I got the fun of sweats and no sleep. Hopefully I'll be tired enough through today to get some rest tonight. I'll probably be a little jumpy, tired and worn out today, then I get to move on to irritable tomorrow... yippie, then we're almost home through detox. haha, really silly I know this schedule so well.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh, SomeGuy, at least you're back here where you belong. Just remember what it's like in the pink cloud. Sleep well tonight!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day two -- for me for the umpteenth time. Glad to have found this thread, though, because "graduating" is a great goal. Two weeks = short enough to imagine making at the beginning and long enough to feel accomplished once reached.

Good luck to all in my class!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi there, classmates!

Went to an AA meeting on Monday, and didn't drink...

Went to an AA meeting on Tuesday, and didn't drink...

Didn't get to an AA meeting on Wednesday... and slipped

Being back at day 1 is an absolute bummer.

I feel like the dunce of the class, and the teacher has told me to go and stand in the corner with my back to you all.

And for good measure, the teacher is going to make me write out 100 times "I must attend AA daily, I must attend AA daily, I must attend AA daily..."

When you all reach 2 weeks, will you come and visit me here occasionally, so that I don't feel all lonely...?

Well done to all of you! Keep up the great work!

Dunce Paddington
Old 05-15-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Keep at it, Paddington. I can tell you that I first came to SR in December. I've relapsed three times since then, but you know what: I keep at it. And I'm proud of that... I seem to be doing well this time, and it all has to do with AA meetings... You're learning a skill set, just as I am. Take it as a learning, and keep going at it.

I'm proud of you for coming here and being honest about things. Good vibes to you.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Friend PB,

I'll be here.

There is no "teacher" to scold you for relapse. It's not a good analogy. The only punishment incurred is what we do to ourselves.

Whether we have 2 days, 2 months, 2 years, or 20 years, we can be back at day 1 in an instant. No one really cares. The guy at the cash register smiles as he takes our money. Life goes on.

The only thing we violate when we drink is our principles, if we have them. No one can make me eat. It is my own hunger that regulates that. In the past three months I have been very fortunate to rewire that part of my brain which controls hunger. I am hungry for sobriety. I have a voracious appetite for control over how I approach life and each day.

It's a humbling and somewhat scary feeling to know that I'm really alone in this. No one is cheerleading. No one is scolding. I'm free to fail. Not only that, I am the one grading my paper!

Reading this thread keeps me caring for others. By caring for others I continue to care for myself. I have the serenity to accept you for who you are. But regardless of how much I care, I cannot change you. But you give me courage. And with courage I can change myself.

warren
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 7 just about over for me.

Keep at it Paddington, definately gets easier after day 5, easy said I know.

It getting complacent I've really to watch now, week done and you think this is easy,been here before though and slipped, take it slow, just one day then another day.

Cheers ROFL, as I said I'm not a Rangers fan but would have been nice seeing a Scottish club win, nice watching the game quietly at home staying sober, and then hearing about the mayhem this morning rather than being part of the mayhem.

Stay well folks
Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hang in there Someguy and New Leaf, its only 5 days ago I was going through just what your describing, feels like forever at the time then suddenly feels so long ago - if that makes sense.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 05-15-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just about done with day 8!

Newleaf: I like this thread for the same reason. It's DO-ABLE. And once you accomplish it, you feel like you can do 90 days, then a year (at least I hope).

For those of us who are here again because of a relapse, though our sobriety date may change, it doesn't take away all the time we have spent sober. The important thing is we come back here and keep working at it.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Wow. I was having a really tough time tonight. All day long I felt CERTAIN I could make it through day 2. Then all my running around with the kids started -- the typical trying to be in three or four places at once syndrome. That's when thoughts of having "just one" drink started creeping in.

I kept going back and forth, wrestling with the idea. I finally remembered to check in here and BOY does it help.

I do still want that drink, but I want to make it through until tomorrow sober even more.

Thanks ROFL, Fizzy, Warrens, Wizard, NegMan --

Aa-vark -- on to day 4?

Justsomeguy -- let's work on day 3 together and cheer PB on to day 2!!!

Jus4today -- You're so right about HONESTY. It IS part of the program. Bouncing in and out is frustrating, humbling, and often embarrassing, but as you (and ROFL) said -- making it back truly is what's important.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send good vibes to all my classmates here in this thread...

(((Wizard))) (((Doug))) - day 13 for you? Wow!
(((NM))) - day 12 - fantastic!
(((ROFL))) - day 9 - great!
(((Fizzy))) (((DrugFree))) - day 8 - marvellous!
(((Someguy))) (((NewLeaf))) - day 3 - excellent!
(((Least))) (((Jus4today))) (((Kiwi))) (((Honu))) (((Lambda)))- well done all of you! How are you doing?
Have I missed anyone? If so, big cuddles to you too!

And thanks to Warren, Aavark and any other sober long-timers for coming here to see how we're all doing, cheering us on and helping us! It means alot.

As for me, as Fred Astaire said in one of his songs when he was trying to learn to tap dance and kept falling over, "I'll get this thing yet..."

Well done everyone! Thanks for being here!!!

Little Paddington
Old 05-16-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

(((((Lil Paddi)))))

Day 9! Already? Last time it seemed like an eternity. I must be getting better.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm Glad last night's over. Wednesday night I couldn't shut my eyes, I ended up on the computer all night till I had to go to work Thursday, all day Thursday at work my eyes were bloodshot and burning and stinging. I had the nervous cracked out feeling, biting my tounge all day and stuff. I finally got to sleep last night and feel a bit normal today, I got probably 7.5 hours sleep last night and my eyes feel normal again.

I guess I'm starting day 3 now, I haven't drank since Tuesday. Getting a bit stressful though as the realities of the hole I have dug myself into by missing so much work and being drunk all the time starts to show itself more and more as I try to get on track. Gotta get after it though and start fixing everything to get us going in the right direction.

I'm feeling good about it.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 3 here too.

I have been on this board twice in the past and have relapsed badly both times. I am back and on day 3. This time there will be meetings. I have to go to AA or some type of group meeting. I have no excuse. There are 5-8 meetings a day about 7 miles from my house.

Could alcoholism really be so pervasive in our society? It is an affluent area as well! Kind of scared who I'll see in there. Kind of put off by the God thing. In the end it doesn't matter. It's my last hope.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey Whattyawantmeto!

Welcome to the 2 weeks and under thread. Good to have you here. I've run out of fingers on my paws to count the number of relapses I've had, but I'm working on my recovery...

Please keep posting and sharing, and let us know how your AA meetings go. I find this a really encouraging thread, as we all help each other to keep going...

And well done to you too on your day 3 Justsomeguy, you're doing great!

All the best to you
Paddington
Old 05-16-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Paddington

Good to hear a shout from so far away. Spent some time in London, Cambridge, Rugby and Bath. Beautiful country there. Good Luck and I plan on posting often.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
DES

Yeah Paddington, day 13. I'm still hanging on. I have to. I must do this, I was killing myself!!!

Better physically, depression is no better and no life to speak of. No motivation.

Doug