Notices

For Those With Less than 2 weeks Sober Part 3

Old 06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Day 4 here. Still no booze and no smokes. I'm still craving smokes real bad. Having a fast heart beat, unable to concentrate and I'm very nauseas. It's crappy but better than yesterday... I think I could have torn my eyes out yesterday. We had bad thunderstorms last night so I only got about an hour of sleep before they woke me up and I was up the rest of the night. I'm writing at night instead of drinking (night is when I crave a drink), blogging that is, and it's taking my mind off of wanting to drink and smoke. I have to go out to lunch today with some co-workers for a birthday. I'm not sure if people will order drinks but I will have a diet coke and that is that. I'm real anxious about what is going to happen with my BF after last weekends drunk drama that prompted my stopping so I'm trying to work through that.

Tonight is yoga. It always feels so good, and this week instead of 'sweating out my booze toxins from the night before' I'm going to begin to sweat out my demons, and go home and enjoy the sleep it brings instead of going home and drinking 2 bottles of wine. I've taken Friday off from work. I'm looking forward to a mental health day all to myself.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hello everyone - I'm back from vacation. I didn't manage to stay sober (Vacation + Beach = Freedom to drink all day) has been an equation I have lived by for so long I guess I didn't really try.

Halfway through the trip, feeling irritated and hungover in paradise, I began to wish I had stayed sober.

Anyway I'm back on the wagon. Congratulations Paddy, Least and RLOF and everyone else for not picking up.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Happy your back SoBearish...and back on the wagon!
I have never went to the beach without drinking...they just go had n hand...

Sunshine- hope you make it back from the b-day party without breaking down!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

diet coke all the way. It helped that my stomach isn't feeling too hot.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
getting there

Darnit, I'm back here again. On day 0 and hoping to make tomorrow day 1. I totally caved to depression and anxiety.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What matters is that you're back! Keep trying. I can't count how many stops and starts I've had but I'm still trying. :ghug3
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

oh Colagirl....that's ok. depression and anxiety suck. I agree with Least, at least you came back. well that sounded weird.

but I will tell you one thing - I know you are not feeling the best and you're angry...but you have GOT to stop hitting that poor little smiley with the frying pan!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hi Colagirl... Hey is was a short fall off, could not have been that bad. Your back & thats all that matters! I fear if I fall, it will not be a short one. But I'm not going to let that happen!

Yes I agree...smiley is taking a beating LOL!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

let's all take a minute for poor smiley....

oh yeah, and Colagirl.........
I'm kidding. I hope the rest of your day is going ok CG. I'm also proud of you for being able to admit that you fell off. I normally deny..deny..deny.....
Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Day 15 is winding down, wanted to give everyone a heart-felt thanks for helping me through these past days. For some reason today has been extremely hard, I've been irritable and a pain. But this too shall pass, and at least for tonight, I am not going to drink.
Thanks again everbody, hope to see you all soon in the under 30 thread.
-
Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi all...day 10 is almost done... Like Rolf said "Giving up the drink is like losing your best friend"

Good night all and thank's for the help!

:ghug
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The clock just began day 8. I'm still here and breathing. Not sleeping, but breathing at least. And don't have to think about it, it's automatic. So I must be alright.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

can I get a WOOT WOOT!! ((for Least's day 8))
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Gotta tell ya, I love your avatar!

can you see me waving at you on your screen? I'm the one in the red shirt.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

So happy to see all my comrades coming back, even though they slipped. My experience so far is that having the support from this website keeps the slips shorter and less severe. Its when you go away entirely that you have to worry. So for all of us that may live our life in the two week and under thread, thing could be worse, right!

Starting day 7 now!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Smile

Originally Posted by PaddingtonBear View Post
Oh no! My tummy's starting rumbling really loudly again. Somehow, food has become much more important in my life since I gave up all the drink.
Ending Day 9 here and have been eating beyond my wildest imagination. Uses to be super healthy (well, apart from 2-3 bottles of wine a day!) but have eaten chocolate and icecream and biscuits...I used to eat cheese with wine but cheese prices have risen at same rate as petrol so have given that up along with alcohol and caffeine (which stresses me out...like I need any more stress!). Also cheese has strong association...salt and pepper, bread and butter, wine and cheese - would be like eating butter straight!

Off to bed now
PupMum

PS Going to visit potential new pup this weekend. Very excited!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

hey everybody.....a song just for rofl!

YouTube - Golden Gate Orchestra - Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue

This is gonna be the time! When i think of all the time i would have spent in the 2wks and under thread if I had been part of SR before last july.....don't let anybody ever tell you you cant make this work.....and most of all don't tell yourself that!

love all of you and look forward to seeing you progress.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. I made it through yoga last night...the heater there was on the fritz...and if you've ever done hot yoga before you know the room is around 100*...well it easily was up to around 110*-115* at one point. I set goal for my practice and that was to concentrate on myself and face my problems head on and sober. I've noticed myself eating differently now too...I haven't been eating more during the day...actually a bit less but I've been having broken sleep and getting up and snacking at 3am, it's very strange.

Today is my last day at work for the week...I took a 'mental health' day tomorrow. I need a day to just be alone, do things for me, be sober and have it be quiet.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

now day 6, and since it's day 6 just since relapse and not since "quitting" I should be thankful that I don't have the WD symptom like before. Which I guess I am. But I still woke up not happy today. grrrr...
going to work, at least there I can keep busy. Nothing worse than waking up like this!!!!!

and Sunshine...I've heard of that hot yoga.....just can't imagine how people do that in the heat.....I'd be down on the mat napping....
Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

Stayed sober last night. Felt like crap thip morning (oh well) went running anyway (ouch... wheeze wheeze)

Great job everybody, as long as we take more steps forward than back, we'll get there in the end!