Notices

A decision has been made...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

On one hand, I'm sorry that you are going to have to start over in the job market. But as I posted way back when you were put on leave or whatever lead up to your termination, I feel that God is doing for you what you could not do for yourself. A few months before I got into Recovery, (finally) I was fired from a job that I worked at for years. I felt devesated. I was able to collect unemployment and focus full time on my Recovery. I know if I was still working at the same company that I used so steadily at, I wouldn't have stayed clean and sober very long. I had tried many times before. I found that that particular job was one of the old people, places and things that I needed to change.

As many said, check into unemployment right away. In Ohio, I filed right away and when the two weeks waiting period was up, the paperwork had been started and it shortened the wait.

This goes without saying but I'm going to say it anyway, Don't drink!

If you had the greatest job in the world, it wouldn't last very long if you pick up. You know that. I'll be thinking of you and of course, Prayers.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Well, okay.

So there's ONE worry gone now.

Look around you. What is there?

Family.
There's tons of jobs.
YOu only have one family.

the hardest thing for me to get a grip on was - when I got fired for drinking - I had no one to blame. *I* did it - nobody DID anything TO me. That was a bitter pill. Because I worked for a good man. He did everything he could not to have to fire me, but I just couldn't put that drinking down.

He and I get along fine.
That man saved my life by firing me from that job.

You already have more than I had.
You've got a family around you, Rob ...
that has been there all along.
From what I remember of your posts- they have been there for you, stood by you, put up with all this stuff...
and when the wheat is cleared from the chaff...
whaddaya still got -
your family.
You're actually a wealthy man, Rob Zoloft.

Celebrate that.

This is the time that you might want to consider SATURATING youself again - but this time - with the Program, and the Fellowship. Do the work - and do it for real.
It will change you. Staying the same is what lost that job.
Do the changing now.

USE THIS ... as a opportunity to grow.
There's wealth... and then there's wealth.

You've been shown what is of the most worth to you.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rob I am sorry to hear about your job, as others have said there are new doors to be opened.

A couple of suggestions if you don't mind.

If you want to be the applicant that stands out, do not email your resume or fill out applications on line unless that is the only way they will take them, dress nicely and go to the business in person with resume` in hand. Do not disqualify your self from any job where you do not meet all of the requirements they are seeking, there is a good possibilty you may meet more of the requirements then anyone else.

Here is another very important thiing to do ASAP, call everyone you owe and let them know you are inbetween jobs, you will be pleasantly surprised at how many of them will work with you, some of them will do nothing, others will defer late charges or maybe let you go on a reduced payment plan or let you slide one month interest free.

Sitting at home doing nothing but worrying will not get you another job, pray and then hit the street.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Rob sorry that I'am late with this and I see a tremendous amount of good shares above!

Sorry to hear that you lost your job-I know this feeling very well too. Please know that you have a lot of family/friends/SR Family that loves you! Stay sober, work on the recovery that is so very important right now and new doors will open! They alway do when one closes! Not something that you want to hear but it will happen!

My brother lost his job of 25 years- due to his drinking. Today he is working very hard on his recovery-got a new job and they have promoted him TWICE already in 5 months!

We are here for you! Please stay sober
Old 05-07-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sitting at home doing nothing but worrying will not get you another job, pray and then hit the street.
I would also suggest, that while you are at home between meetings and interviews, clean out the garage, attic, basement, whatever all the things you were "going to do" and see what is usable and put it on Ebay. Ebay is a great way to get some quick needed money. It' really not hard to do and gets some income coming in quickly. And having them pay by Pay pal, you can then transfer in two or 3 working days from your Pay Pal account to your Bank Account. It is GREAT.

I've done it in the past and am about to put some 'stuff' on there again.

Remember, DON'T DRINK, go to the unemployment office, start job hunting, hit lots and lots of meetings, and like Carol said mention at each meeting the problem (no Job) and the solution (active job hunting). You will be amazed at the leads that will start coming in from the different meetings, and possibly even a job offer or two. It' happened for Carol, Me, and many others that I know.

You will get through this, and you will get another job, possibly even better than the one you just lost, as long as you DON'T DRINK.

We are here for you!!!!

Love and hugs,