Notices

OK, I really screwed up....

Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OK, I really screwed up....

A lot of people are telling me that what I wrote in another thread was hurtful, unkind, messed up, and indicates that there is something seriously wrong with me.

I have two choices: (1) I can insist to myself and others that I was somehow "right" or (2) I can stop and listen to the feedback I'm receiving, and question my words and actions. I'm going to try #2.

So now, examining what happened, I see that I reacted to someone else's pain in a cold, unkind and self-righteous way. I desperately want to tell myself that I was trying to be helpful. But the truth is, I did not respond with love or compassion. I did not respond the way I would have like to be treated.

Apparently, I don't have the strength or courage to respond to another person's pain in a way that is helpful and nurturing. I'm sorry to have been hurtful towards someone who is already hurting, and to have upset those of you who witnessed my insensitivity.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've done the same thing myself. I forgive you, as I was forgiven for my careless insensitivity. Forgive yourself and learn from it. :ghug3
Old 05-05-2008, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

I think it's ok to make mistakes. I certainly forgive you. I think the essence of what you said is absolutely spot on - I think you just got the context wrong. It's so easy to be self righteous when actually our desire is to be helpful...but we live and learn hey. Progress not Perfection! And maybe those who unkindly attacked back can also think about their actions...neverhteless, we have stopped fighting anyone and anything! You did your bit, good for you
Cathy31
x
Old 05-05-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-05-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Zanthos you are an example of what the program is all about, you have just lived step 10. You have done your part.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Yup I agree with Taz! When I'am wrong in my life today and I can admit to it right away, I know that my recovery is working for me! Sounds like it is working for you! Way to go!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I think the essence of what you said is absolutely spot on - I think you just got the context wrong.
I strongly disagree and find your post unhelpful and unnecessary Cathy.

Kevin
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Zanthos you are an example of what the program is all about, you have just lived step 10. You have done your part.
Personally, I never needed a program to tell me it's right to apologise. Isn't it obviously the right thing to do anyway?

And I dont see why someone who apologises should be congratulated for it.