Notices

Sunday....2 days to go...

Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sunday....2 days to go...

before I find out whether I have a job or not. I went away for the weekend...get out of Dodge for a little while. I'm trying to listen to everyone who tells me it'll be OK...I'm not quite there yet myself. 31 days sober today, but 28 of those were in treatment. I'm really scared about the future. Lots of emotions.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Try saying the serenity prayer a few times. That always helps me. (((HUGS)))
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can totally relate...just finished a 15 month program myself...hang in there....so will I, Man!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ut-my-own.html

You can do Rob, think of your gratitude list, what are you greatfull for today. Focus on today if you can.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Rob I know how scary it is, I have seen many people cry because they didn't want to leave the safe and sober environment of a treatment center. That loving and caring group environment you were in can be recreated on the outside in the rooms of AA but you know it is up to you.Let your fear and urgency motivate you into action Rob. Find people with multiple years of sobriety who are now enjoying their new way of life and build your own permanent support group.

Courage is not the lack of fear. Courage is facing fear which is what you are doing and we are here to face it with you.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Ok Rob, don't let those self doubts start taking over!

When I am waiting on something, like you are waiting to hear if you have this job, you can do something very simple. Tell yourself that it's in God's hands. That in the end,no matter how much worrying, hoping, wishing, begging, bargaining, that we do, it won't change the outcome. Then, I also tell myself that whatever happens, God has a reason.When I got laid off from my job at the end of Jan. of this year, at first I was upset. Then, when my employer told me that since it was no fault of my own and he wouldn't deny the unemployment, I thought to myself that I would have a week or two to catch up on taking care of myself. I had been running like a chicken with my head cut off since Mom got sick at the beginning of Sept. of last year. I had neglected my own health, working 10 hour days, hospital/nursing home/ or Mom's home after work. Weekends were laundry, housekeeping and helping Mom. I was getting an average of 4 hours of sleep a night. This isn't good for anyone over a four month period, much less someone with the medical conditions I have. Then, after I got my week and a half rest, as I began submitting resumes, Mom went into Congestive Heart Failure and nearly died. I then realized that if I were still employeed, I would have more than likely lost my job for being at the hospital for days on end. So, losing my job happened for a reason. I was getting unemployement, not much, but enough to live on. I was able to be with my Mom through all of this.

For as long as I remember, I would worry myself literally sick about situations. I would get sick to my stomach, vomit, break out in hives . . . the whole nine yards.What good did it do? Did it change anything? My Mom is the original Worrying Woman. I tell her that God isn't sitting in Heaven with a stopwatch, keeping track of how much worrying she does and when she gets to a certain point that He feels is acceptable, He decides she's done enough worrying and the situation will then go her way. She hates when I tell her this, but it's the truth.

A Counselor, who I love dearly for her honesty, told me one time when I was trying to take it back from God, she said," Judy, you're not that powerful to change things by worrying."

Or the Rolling Stones sum it up pretty good,"You can't always get what you want, though you try sometimes, you find, you get what ya need."

God Bless and Keep it Simple Rob, Just One Day at A Time, ok?
Judy

Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Why not take this time to polish up your resume?
Just in case you need it.

Been going to meetings regularly?
Keeping busy helps me stay in balance.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

good luck