Notices

Funny how god works..

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funny how god works..

I went out to local bar tonight... there was a concert that i'd had tickets for, for awhile.

I was driving, so I made sure there was NO way I could get drunk, I left all but $5 at home. Of course my alcoholic thinking took over and said "hey, one drink.. no one will know". Well I bought that one drink, since I knew there was no way I'd end wasted since I only had $5. Well I sat that drink down, sat my purse down beside it and somehow managed to dump the damn drink all over the floor. So no drink for me tonight.. which was great.

Just observing all the drunk, wasted people made me think why the hell did I thiink getting trashed was fun? just knowing I used to act like that too (or worse) when I got trashed....

so onto day 6 tomorrow..
Old 05-04-2008, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well....
....if I had wanted to drink even with limited cash
and car keys....I would have had a drink
Any bar fly like me could find a guy to by.
Sooo...I guess you really did not want to!
And that's a start.

Do you have a plan for sobriety?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Did you ever hear that there is no such thing as an accident?

Interesting that you spilled that drink!

That's great!
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Please be careful of tempting fate. Be careful of internalizing that experience as one where you exercised control.

Confidence can be a killer.

Good luck!

warren
Old 05-04-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Yes, I'd like to say well done that, like Carol said, you didn't go bat your eye lashes at some guy and get him to set you back up. If you would have, I seriously doubt you would have submitted any other thread than to say that you slipped. I personally don't believe in "slips" You weren't walking down the street and all of a sudden slip and fall into the bar. You put yourself into a situation that I myself, at 34 months Clean & Sober would have never tempted.

Please be careful. I know that you are proud of yourself for not buying another one or getting some guy to buy you another one . . . . or twelve.

I don't think whatever you paid for the concert tickets was enough to risk what you are working so hard for.

I hope you don't think I'm being insensitive, I just don't want to see you pick up again. It can happen so quickly. You came so close last night Hon. God did for you what you could not do for yourself. But please don't risk it again.

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today,
Judy