SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Totally lost and spinning (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/148598-totally-lost-spinning.html)

lilbit 04-22-2008 10:41 AM

Totally lost and spinning

Okay...new ballpark fer me. I was use to SoberCircus...but they threw me off...again...and now I'm here in the big leagues (rules spelled out nicely...thank you) and I'm having a heck of a time navigating through this place!!!????!1/?!/1/!2113 Whatever...just frustrated and not at anybody...maybe a little The Webmaster (what was he on when he created this place?!) but I'm just staying Sober and trudging down the halls here. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Note to Webmaster...addicts are NOT the most tech savy crowd.

Thank you...I feel better already!
Love,
The Bitz!

sailorjohn 04-22-2008 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by lilbit (Post 1747198)
Okay...new ballpark fer me. I was use to SoberCircus...but they threw me off...again...and now I'm here in the big leagues (rules spelled out nicely...thank you) and I'm having a heck of a time navigating through this place!!!????!1/?!/1/!2113 Whatever...just frustrated and not at anybody...maybe a little The Webmaster (what was he on when he created this place?!) but I'm just staying Sober and trudging down the halls here. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Note to Webmaster...addicts are NOT the most tech savy crowd.

Thank you...I feel better already!
Love,
The Bitz!

Only thing I've noticed, if you take too long to compose you'll have to login again and you can lose your message. Otherwise, this forum software is fairly common, I have an account at another site that uses the identical program. There are stickies at the top of each forum, helpful hints/handy advice there.

Mcribb 04-22-2008 11:01 AM

please be careful about triggering newly sober people we need to be aware of other people

nandm 04-22-2008 11:08 AM

Welcome to SR.

Be sure to check the box marked "keep me logged in" when you are logging in. That will help if you are having difficulties with posting.

CarolD 04-22-2008 11:15 AM

Hi and Welcome again...:)
I see you did find the correct Forum for Troubleshooting.
And you read our SR Policy Forum too!

Here in Newcomers is a good place to
introduce yourself and do let us know how
we can help you with your addiction issues.

So far ...your doing just fine with our site.
IMO

Relax....please tell us what you are dealing with
you will find support and understanding.

Glad you are here seeking answers
:hug:

warrens 04-22-2008 11:27 AM

Welcome!

I was a bit confused and intimidated at first, too. And I AM pretty tech savvy. Actually, I think the webmaster has done a great job of organizing this place. Like anything else, it takes a bit of time.

The "Newcomers" forum is actually a great place to start. It has the most activity. This is a very safe and helpful place. I hope you find it so.

warren

lilbit 04-22-2008 11:29 AM

Currently...

Well...I'm a little hurt by the fact I got booted twice from SoberCircus (name changed...a little) and sent out to the vast realms of the internet. Kinda sucky. But...I love to write and THAT keeps me SOBER. I do the AA thing with another recovering alky/addict who has 12+ years SOBER and that keeps me straight. She is a big support to me....and my friend to the end. She is here too. She was freaked out by the last site and all the crazy drama. But...people will be people. We kinda keep each other straight.
Everyone wants to know how long I have been SOBER....but I don't do the number game. I am as SOBER as I'm gonna get today. And that's enough thank you very much. I am working on some personal issues...like why are there soo many people upset out there in the real world...but often find...it's just life on life's terms.
Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I really take that to heart. Maybe I can make some of you laugh in return....

least 04-22-2008 11:41 AM

Welcome to a safe and loving place to recover! I hope you find it as helpful as I have.:ghug3

mle-sober 04-22-2008 11:47 AM

Lilbit,

Glad you're here. Take a deep breath. It's a good place to be.

- MLE

Anna 04-22-2008 12:03 PM

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us and I hope you enjoy visiting here.

Not much drama going on around here, but we do support each other a lot.

adore79 04-22-2008 12:12 PM

Hi and welcome!! :bounce

lilbit 04-22-2008 01:04 PM

Thank you all....I'm learning ...one day at a time...even if it's just how to post and put my pic up...More options are better than few. So...THANK YOU for opening the door and letting this stranger in...
Yer loving addict deJour,
The Bitz

lilbit 04-22-2008 01:06 PM

I love Bjork.
And THAT pic YOU have is killer fer SURE!

lilbit 04-22-2008 01:06 PM

Wow! Cool People Doooo Exist!!!!!

nogard 04-22-2008 02:42 PM

Welcome to SR :)

Hevyn 04-22-2008 03:00 PM

Good to see you, lilbit. I know where Leesburg is! We used to drive through there on the way to Stone Harbor (from Delaware). It seems you're doing quite well "navigating" since I see you've managed to fix up your profile page - it took me 2 months to figure it all out. Anyways, hope you enjoy it here.

lilbit 04-22-2008 03:15 PM

Townsend's Inlet!

I grew up in TI! Spent most of my summers terrorizing Sea Isle and Avalon! Third generation local...thank you very much! Shoebee's are coming down the shore in DROVES for those summer rentals...what recession? Stone Harbor has THE most expensive real estate in NJ. Wish their shopping was better than the five and dime store...but The BARS! WOW! Lot's a memories there! Thrown out Fred's Place...Springfield never asked me to leave...and let's just say I'm glad Snickers is torn down.
Yeah...those Joisey Summers!
Now I'm SOBER and can be a little kid all over again! Playing in the sand...swimming with the jellyfish...and jumping off John's Pier...which is now called Sunset Pier. I miss Sweetmans store...Busch's is still there...but they tore down Garrity's to build condos...Ah...change.
LaCosta is still standing ....somehow?!

tennis71 04-22-2008 03:20 PM

Welcome and keep working it!
:ExeJump::Squat::ushup:

Katecan 04-22-2008 04:49 PM

Welcome lilbit. Nice to meet you. :)