Notices

My First Day

Old 04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Day

Hello, my name is Vince. I'm from lower New York, I'm currently a freshmen in college, and I've been using marijuana since November 2006. Last summer, I tried vicodin a few times, and then this year I tried DXM and LSD however the LSD turned out to be DOB. After taking the tab on Saturday, my sister randomly visited me, who is a recovering heroin addict. She got very upset when she found out, and yet I continued to smoke marijuana through 420. After going on a 20mi bike ride most of while high, alone, and with a busted front tire (it popped after the 8th mile), I came back to my dorm and wept. I couldn't believe that I lied about quitting to my sister, and that I had taken one drug and it turned out to be another. Today is my first day actually sober, and the loneliness I'm feeling right now is more intense than ever.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our community....

Yes...coming to realize I had a problem (alcohol)
was quite a shock for me.
Your wise to start reaching out for assistance
now rather than later.

I suggest you take a read onn our Drug Addiction Forums.
You may also post there and ask questions if you choose.

Recovery Rocks....
Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Hey Vince! Welcome!

Glad to see you found us here. There is so much support, understanding, hope, friendship and love here, free for the taking.

Usually we have all had to 'pay' in one way or another before we sought help. Please know this, that no matter how disappointed you are with yourself, you aren't bad person. Your sister, of all people, will understand. I'm sure she is just very scared right now for her brother. She knows the hell that she went through as a result of her own addiction and doesn't want to see you go through any of it. It's being found out more and more that addiction tends to run in families and perhaps she was hoping that you were fortunate enough to not have "inherited" this disease.

It sounds as though you were fortunate enough to get an early wake up call. Many of us have lost family members due to this disease. I would suggest that you call your sister, let her know you love her and sure could use one of those random visits soon. Hugs are needed. Hugs, not drugs.

God Bless and hang with us, we could use a new little brother in our family here!

Judy
:ghug2
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Welcome gunsnroses. It's great to have you here. There's lots of information, support, encouragement and hope to go around on this forum. Plus the bonus of making new friends. Take care of yourself. I wish you all the best.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would first contact your doctor to ask if he/she could advise you on coming off the meds and doing it safely. That, and a good recovery program would be helpful, I think.

I'm newly sober from a year of heavy drinking and the thing that helped me most, besides the support of this forum and going to some AA meetings, is taking it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Read some of the posts in the substance abuse forums for some good advice and information, and keep coming back here for support and encouragement.

All the best to you!:ghug3