Notices

Hello!

Old 04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Thanks for all the new welcomes. Today is going to be a rough day for me because it's our wedding anniversary. We always go out for a nice dinner and some wine to go with. I told hubby this morning that I would rather stay home and have a BBQ. I know he will have a drink regardless (home or out). I just have to get through today, do the cheers with some apple juice. He doesn't know what I'm up to and I want to keep it that way for a while. To him, I don't have a problem, nor does he. His famous words are "just slow down a bit" or "don't drink during the week" or "special occasions, such as today". He has a problem with losing his drinking buddy, "me!". Crazy days, now I'm trying to hide not drinking from him.

Any advice, your thoughts on what I just said would be appreciated. I'm still in the fog and not thinking rational.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Kate the truth will set you free, I would simply tell him you have decided to quit drinking, if he loves you he will accept that and move on.

Secrets kill alcoholics, keeping quitting a secret from your husband will just make it harder. If you really do not want to tell him you have quit, then simply tell him you do not feel like drinking tonight.

The only people that need drinking buddies are alcoholics to where they do not have to stare their own alcoholism in the face alone.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Thanks Tazman. Yes, it doesn't feel right trying to hide this. I'll tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may. I guess I have some fear that he'll talk me into drinking like the last time. But, that's probably me just making up an excuse, blaming him. I want this to happen for me. My life.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I want this to happen for me.
Getting sober for any one but your self doesn't work, so you are doing it right.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Best wishes today Katecan,
welcome to SR.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Well I did it, first anniversary in 18 years without any alcohol. Told hubby everything and he didn't have a drink either. We had a nice dinner and evening. Guess I worried for nothing. Thanks for the support.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

WELCOME!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Red face