Notices

I did two positive things today!!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Prospect

yes your right the "disease" I keep forget to look at it like that!
I am a very compulsive person OCD to the max.
I spend a lot of time beating myself up for this condition I've gotten myself into over the years.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Thumbs up

Don't, don't, beat your self up It's not our fault any more, It was our fault when we where using but now that you are in recovery you pass from been dead, to a new Life now,Just Keep it Simple,Easy dos It,One Day At A Time.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

My mom is coming up this weekend to clean up my bedroom. I've been putting it off and I know part of it is if I come across a 1/2 empty bottle, I'm worry that I'll be too tempted.
I read this and had to laugh at myself, I spent the last 5 years of my drinking in my garage, I avoided that garage like the plague the first year I was sober, I knew there were a ton of empties in there, but I also knew there were some full ones hidden in different spots. At about 14 months sober I finally cleaned up all the empties and the full ones with no problem.

BTW Rodney good job man, especially on the boss deal.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Prospect

you too,
I the past few years I have spent many hours out their working on my Harley and art project but mostly I was using it as a escape and cave to get a buzz. now its mostly cleaned out and I have to change my conditioning and enjoy the garage for productive work not self destruction. While in the garage I for some reason lost most all of my control, being along for some reason was the worst thing I could have been doing. I have never cared to drink in the house but being in the garage was a totally different story. Whats up with that?
The other thing {or place I would drink} I have for now cut myself off from is using the hot tub after work. Conditioning again I guess, it was something I would do every night pretty much. Take a shower grab a drink or 3 of what ever and sit in the tub and relax. I haven't been in the tub for a long time since I quit drinking.
Strange what my mind is doing. Like a horse that got scared from some thing and now won't go near it for love or money!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Prospect

Thanks you all for the best wishes,
Got a call after work from a couple dear friends they invited us to go to dinner and meet another couple who I haven't seen in years and celebrate my b-day. We had no real plans so sure lets go. I didn't once think of meeting them in a bar or eating there either. But sure enough they were waiting in the smelly, smokey filled bar and thats where we ate dinner. I did fine and this actually reconfirmed my decision to drink no more. 2 of us didn't drink but the others did and it was interesting to say the least watching my friends change with every drink. So far so good 8)
And you all helped me abstain, I was thinking of you all when I was sitting there being good to myself. mission accomplished.
never thought until reading the other post how taking things one day and one moment at a time helps, Well IT DID last night
I did get a couple strange looks from my company when I ordered 7 up with out anything else in it he he that was fun and little did they know they were being my test subjects on the effects of drinking I was doing. I had a completely different out look last night while watching their behavior change. I don' t want to be that way again its absolutely silly.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
2 of us didn't drink but the others did and it was interesting to say the least watching my friends change with every drink.
To say the least...yes.

I can't find the words that explained that feeling when I had seen the same.
A different feeling and understanding and an eye opener.

You sure gave yourself a wonderful birthday gift. I am sure you will remember this birthday for a long time.
Again... Happy Birthday
Old 04-18-2008, 04:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Hot Rod!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Prospect

Old 04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I also did some positive things today. Woke up feeling rather anxious so I cleaned up my dirty house. Vacuumed, did dishes, picked up trash and recyclables, and did some laundry. Next will be a shower and errands, and then I will come home to a clean house!!

I am now rid of most of the anxiety... and I have a clean house!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Prospect

boy could we use you around our house for a couple days
the anxieties are a tough one for me too, so far not to bad now but I do know they will be coming, not really repaired as to what to do.
Guess I will clean the house to0 good idea!!
we have 5 little dogs that are always packing stuff in from outdoors.